Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sending Important Documents Safely

I'm trying to apply for a disabled person's railcard and have to send something in with my form to say that I've got what I say I have.

Anyway, there's onlt a list of three things I can send and I can't be bothered to phone up social services and arrange a time to get my form stamped so I have to send in my CVI. (Certificate Of Visual Impairment) Is there any safe way of sending this and ensuring it doesn't get lost and I get it back? I didn't do this last year (with photos) and the person I'd sent them to, told me he didn't get them and I don't want this to happen again.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Recorded Delivery ...
    Recorded delivery is largely crap for things that are worth something, I'd spend the few quid extra and go for Special Delivery, if they loose it then you get £500, and you can track it on route.
    Sofie, you don't have to phone to arrange a slot at the Social Services. All I did was phone them and they said "yes, fine, just pop in any time and we'll stamp it for you". I went in, Bob's your uncle.
    I don't know if the rules have changed, but when i applied for my DPR (about 3 years ago) they were happy to have a photocopy.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I don't know if the rules have changed, but when i applied for my DPR (about 3 years ago) they were happy to have a photocopy.

Did think of that, but I didn't really want to photocopy 20 odd pages. (half of which isn't that relevant)
    Special Delivery, yes it will cost a few quid, but its quite easy to trace it and its insured automatically.
    Definatly Special Delievery.

If it's as important as it sounds, its the best way to go short of going yourself.