Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bags

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know of a good place where i can get a nice bag that's big enough to get school stuff in (books no bigger than A4) and aren't too expensive?

Comments

• Options
    Gotta be primark :thumb:
  • Options
    Markets normaly do big bags and there alright and cheap too. Also have a look in the sales, I've seen lot's of big bags around in like Top shop and Dorethy Perkins for as little as a fiver! Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys have some good bags in too and there not expensive either!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »

Definatly agree, I forgot there! I got a massive bag from there for £6 and it's great! Fits everything I need in it!
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Definatly agree, I forgot there! I got a massive bag from there for £6 and it's great! Fits everything I need in it!

Aye, I've seen those but in Manchester, every other girl has got one of them, lol.
  • Options
    If you're planning on carry more than a couple of books, then personally I wouldn't go for a primark bag - primark aren't known for their quality, it has to be said - so you may find yourself with a broken strap and loads of books to carry.

I would recommend TK Maxx though, as you can get a really decent designer bag and it won't cost a fortune, but it will last.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »

:yes:
  • Options
    If you're planning on carry more than a couple of books, then personally I wouldn't go for a primark bag - primark aren't known for their quality, it has to be said - so you may find yourself with a broken strap and loads of books to carry.

Have to agree, despite my hardcore cheapskate tendencies. Primark bags are the worst quality things in the shop, imo, and while they're fine for the day to day, they aren't very strong for if you're carrying books and the like about.

I'd second the TK Maxx suggestion, or check out somewhere like H&M. You'll pay a little more in H&M than Primada, but it won't be much more, and it'll last much longer.
  • Options
    Aye, I've seen those but in Manchester, every other girl has got one of them, lol.

I know, but I like to think I got mine first lol and for £6 it comes in handy for my gym kit...even if it is starting to smell and fall apart :(
  • Options
    hmm i wouldn't advise primark for a bag strong enough to use every day and hold big books!! what style do you want and how much do you have to spend?
  • Options
    My trusty 6 quid Primark bag is still going strong after daily abuse and carrying around all my crap and all of Abbie's crap which usually includes half of her toybox.

Not a frayed strap or burst bit in sight :heart:
  • Options
    H&M sometimes do nice big bags, they are quite cheap too.
  • Options
    I'd go for Primark, at £6 who cares if it gives up in 6 months just go buy another one!

Or if you can spend a little more TKMaxx as mentioned better quality for not excessive amounts.
  • Options
    TK Maxx or ebay!
  • Options
    Accessorize have a lovely big black glitter bag for £25 I am planning on getting, a bit more ££ but worth I think, can totally see it lasting for the whole year.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good place where i can get a nice bag that's big enough to get school stuff in (books no bigger than A4) and aren't too expensive?

car boot sale!
    I have tonnes of bags from there, lots of designers ones for less than a quid a go!
  • Options
    Good design doesn't need to have a pricey name on it.. and with bags lasting isn't always the most important thing.

I'd say a bag designed to carry a load evenly is better, quality zips, openings designed so the contents won't fall out or be an easy target for pick pockets. Adequate padding along the straps.

When you fly on weekend breaks and only take hand luggage weighing upto 10kg you soon find out what makes up the components of a good bag.
  • Options
    I have a material bag from topshop and its lasted forever. It was free but you can biy them for about a fiver- I use mine everyday to carry all kinds of heavy stuff :)