Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sorry period/pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I've been on the pill for the past few years never had a problem, I took my last one last Friday and I've not had my period..... I don't know why I know I'm not pregnant cos not had sex for a wee while :( But last month I was ill with a chest infection and had 2 lots of amoxocillin so wondering if that has affected it. I don't get any signs its coming you see, no cramps or anything, I have had a fuzzy head but I think thats possibly due to a tooth thats sore today!
I'm getting the kinda discarge thats at the very end of a period.
Anyone any ideas? I'm going on holidy next month so don't wanna have it when I'm away.
Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't ALWAYS get periods when you're on the pill- but if this is the first time you've not had one after years of taking the pill it might be worth popping to your GP to make sure everything's ok. Have you had anything stressful going on recently? That sometimes makes me late.
    Yeah check it out with your doc, and don't worry, if you start to take your pill again, you shouldn't have a period when your taking it. The pill tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant, so it's not likely that you will bleed. x
    Yeh gues shave been kinda stressed with work and being ill been getting me down (chest infection) so I'll put it down to that, I'll start my new packet tomorrow, yeh I know you don't always it's the first time I've not, If I don't get one next month I'll go to the dr, or if i've to go in the next month i'll mention it then. Its just strange how I'm getting discarge like i get at the end of my period.
    thanks