Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Prague

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone been to Prague? or anywhere else in the Czech Republic?

Im heading out there next month and Im quite excited but not sure what to expect.

Im going for a week so will have plenty of time to explore and Im thinking of maybe heading out of the city maybe to another town - does anyone have any suggestions?

:hyper: <excited me!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol any particular reason you're going? i was in prague briefly in feb for a business conference and general piss up, place is nice enough but it won't take you more than a few days to see it all so i hope you have other plans, we strolled around a few clubs and the girls are pretty hot but don't understand much english :( and the taxi drivers will always try and take you to a stripclub lol must be on some kind of a referral scheme, if you get a chance i hear a place called goldfinger comes highly recommended, er that is of course assuming you are a bloke....
    Prague is absolutely beautiful, the old town centre is like a picture out of a fairytale, complete with a palace :). The town square and Charles bridge are certainly stunning views. The city is known for being full of good strip clubs, like the above poster was mentioning, but it is also known for many other things as well. On of them is that it rivals Vienna in auto-proclaiming itself the City of Music, and thus you'll find modest but accomplished concerts are offered in old beautiful Churches all the time, for very cheap. And going along with its fairytale atmosphere, you'll also find it's full of puppetshows also for very cheap - of course, if you're into this whole magical fairytale storybook thing - if not, then forget about this! :lol:

Prague is also the land of crystal, where the world-famous Svarovsky crystal is made, so it's full of guess what? -crystal shops. There are truly wonderful finds for very little money, many of them worth taking some time to spend walking through the shops. I am most certainly not a shop-tourist person, but these were such bargains that I came back with a beautiful crystal necklace and a little crystal vase for my mum. If I had had more space in my rucksack I would certainly have brought home more crystal though, it was beautiful and cheap!

Gosh, I'm all wanting to go back now :lol: But the city centre is small, so it should take you three days tops to explore it. It's a good idea to maybe get out of the city but unfortunately I don't know of other places nearby that can be good to visit. So no advice to give there, sorry.
    I'm going in October too, got a great deal on flights. Haven't booked accommodation yet. It's my friends birthday the first night, any suggestions what we can do?

I have a friend over there who's going to meet me and show us around, should be good.