Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shannon - Ireland

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is there much to do there?

I've got a free flight there for 2 days in mid September dunno whether to go or not - would just be for myself - is there much to see and do there?

Anyone been? Thinking about maybe flying there and going to Limerick?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DG wrote: »
    Is there much to do there?

I've got a free flight there for 2 days in mid September dunno whether to go or not - would just be for myself - is there much to see and do there?

Anyone been? Thinking about maybe flying there and going to Limerick?

Well, Shannon itself isn't all that appealing however it's a nice wee gateway to the West of Ireland. Trips to Kerry, Cork and Galway aren't too far from Limerick. Some lovely scenery in these place, especially out towards the coast.

ETA:There's also loads of friendly Irish pubs which you sorta expect. :p
  • Options
    Still not decided if I'm gonna go - Anyone else been and can recommend somewhere near to the airport?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Well, Shannon itself isn't all that appealing however it's a nice wee gateway to the West of Ireland. Trips to Kerry, Cork and Galway aren't too far from Limerick. Some lovely scenery in these place, especially out towards the coast.

ETA:There's also loads of friendly Irish pubs which you sorta expect. :p

Ahh the west is the most beautiful place I have ever been, the road from Westport to Galway was amazing.

But don't be expecting some banging night life...
  • Options
    swampgirl wrote: »
    Ahh the west is the most beautiful place I have ever been, the road from Westport to Galway was amazing.

But don't be expecting some banging night life...

Westport is lovely, wins the tidy town of Ireland quite often.

What are you looking for DG? Limerick city isn't far from Shannon Airport, suppose it's a typical Irish town only bigger than most. If you're looking for scenery there's quite a bit close to you.

You'll be able to get a tourist bus to here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliffs_of_Moher