Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Festival Wristbands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am still wearing my wristband from Glastonbury 2007 and intend to keep it on until I go to Glasto next year (if I get a ticket obviously) - a bit rank, but it's made of cloth so kind of gets clean in the shower/bath etc. My boyfriend still has his on too - and also still has his from 2004 on his wrist :yuck: Can anyone beat this? Anybody else still wearing festival wristbands from this year?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My one from Edinburgh T in the Park can slide on and off, so ive cheated and tell everyone ive never take it off
    I wore mine from last years Reading Festival for quite awhile afterwards.
    First year I wore it until march the year after but then it was almost fallen apart. When I cut it off it was like a piece of me had been taken! :o
    I wore mine from Reading a couple of years ago for a whil, but now they're made of material rather than plastic they go all minging really quick, so mine came off the second I got home
    i was going to try and wear my leeds one til next year when i go but its only been a week or so and its annoying me already. its the big stupid plastic cork thing that does it, if it was just a plain wristband id be able to cope with it!

i see it lasting another week or so. two of my friends i went with were still wearing theirs from last year, they were minging. haha.
    still got my creamfields one on, although its not really a proper one - if you got IDd you got a red wristband so you didnt get IDd again....
    came off straight away lol, fuck havin some annoyin think on your wrist
    I took my Global one off a few days later coz I had an interview and didn't think it matched my suit :razz:

I remember having a Leeds fest one on for a while back in 2000 but it was made out of plastic and had collected loadsa dirt!
    Tried to keep my 2004 one on, came off when I went to a niteclub, dunno how.

2005, my head was so up my hole I just ripped it off when I got on the bus to go home. :lol:
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I am still wearing my wristband from Glastonbury 2007 and intend to keep it on until I go to Glasto next year (if I get a ticket obviously) - a bit rank, but it's made of cloth so kind of gets clean in the shower/bath etc. My boyfriend still has his on too - and also still has his from 2004 on his wrist :yuck: Can anyone beat this? Anybody else still wearing festival wristbands from this year?

that's a bit extreme, i had mine for a few months after first time i went glasto but this year i took it off as soon as i got home, would've kept it on a bit longer but it wasn't clamped right so it was pissing me off....
    Is this like when kids wear ski lift passes on their coat for many years? I did that for a coupld weeks once, I couldn't get it off

Thats right, I went on the dare ski trip 11 years ago, and no, I havn't bought a new coat :cool:
    that's a bit extreme, i had mine for a few months after first time i went glasto but this year i took it off as soon as i got home, would've kept it on a bit longer but it wasn't clamped right so it was pissing me off....

I know, his 2004 has gone all curled up and faded, it looks quite minging to be honest. I'll take mine off the moment it starts to look rough, but I do quite like having it on as a reminder of the good time we had.
    I have Wakestock 07, Global 07 and Creamfields 07 all on...but there not very old obv.
    Had my global one on for a month or so after but had to take it off due to work. Cunts.
    I've still got my June 2008 Rock am Ring one on... i wanna go next year as i didn't make it this year!