Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gardening Leave

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

I've had a quick look through search and elsewhere but have a couple of questions.

Basically my entire department have been advised today that we are officially on gardening leave from today with a view to possible redundancy if we don't want to re-locate to Rochdale (as the customer service calls will be dealt with there from now on)

We've been advised that we will be called in for consultancy meetings next week where the situation will be discussed and options looked into.

Has anyone gone through this before that can let me know what to expect? From what I've pieced together, during consultancy meeting it will be discussed whether I want to relocate and what happens then but I have no idea really what to do from here.

Am I okay to be looking and applying for jobs or do I need to wait until we are officially handed our notice?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dunno bout gardening notice, but you can job hunt whenever the fuck you want, leaving or staying. If you know you aren't going to want to relocate to rochdale, get searching, making enquiries, tweak your cv, send it out, make follow up calls. Job hunting can sometimes take a fair while, better to start now than a month down the line.