Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Bathroom Mirror

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anyone here that doesn't have a mirror directly over their bathroom sink?

My dad is totally redoing the bathroom and just installed a mirror half the size of the old one - which doesn't go across the sink - the new mirror is about 2 feet from the sink - the result when you shave everything splashes on to the table instead of going into the sink as it used to.

His DIY design skills are driving everyone else in the house nuts!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    xsazx wrote: »
    we dont specfically but there's mirrors on the inside of the cupboards in two of our bathrooms

but is it directly over the sink?

Less of an issue for girls but I assume most of the men here want to be able to shave bent over the sink and I also prefer it that way to put in and take out my contact lenses.
    Our sink is directly beneath the window but to the right of it we have three large mirrors which swivell round and double up as like shelves

In the downstairs bathroom the sink is against the wall but behind the toilet we have a massive big mirror.
    Neither my Mum or Dad do. They both have windows over the sink, and Mum has a mirror next to the sink. Dad's house has mirror tiles on one of the walls, but not above the sink.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We don't have a mirror over our sink. We have a window there.
    We have a mirror over the sink. I can't imagine brushing my teeth/washing my face with no mirror there. :|
    We don't have a mirror over the sink. We have a cabinet on the wall opposite the sink and that has mirrored doors.
    We don't have a mirror anywhere in our bathroom!
    Ages ago we had like mirror tiles above the sink but now it's just plain tiles and no mirror. Which isn't a bad thing, the site of me in the morning is enough to put anyone of their breakfast!
    we have a cabinet over the sink which has a mirrored front in both of our bathrooms
    I have one in my upstairs bathroom but not the downstairs, but that's only because I've not finished decorating yet!
    we have a window above our sink and always have

we have a cabinet on the other wall with a mirror
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No mirror over the sink--I can't believe it! :|
    We do. In our bathroom and our toilet.
    How do the fella's manage to shave without a mirror over the sink?
    Sofie wrote: »
    We do. In our bathroom and our toilet.

Whats the difference?

We have a mirror above all our bathroom sinks.

Unrelated, but the worst is when somebody has a mirrored shower door and you have to watch yourself pee.
    Toilet just has the toilet in. Bathroom (ours anyway) just has a sink, some cupboards and a shower - which did used to be a bath.
    DG wrote: »
    How do the fella's manage to shave without a mirror over the sink?

We don't have a mirror over our sink either.

Just keep a towel in your other hand while shaving.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Toilet just has the toilet in. Bathroom (ours anyway) just has a sink, some cupboards and a shower - which did used to be a bath.

Whats it called if its got the whole kitncaboodle and theres a toilet, bath/shower and sink :p
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    We don't have a mirror over our sink either.

Just keep a towel in your other hand while shaving.
    Does a towel help you direct your hand? What kind of enchantments do you have to put on it?
    Or is it just to gather the lots of blood? :p
    Whats the difference?
    In my house, bathroom has 2 sinks + bath + toilet + washing machine. Toilet has 1 sink + toilet.
    All sinks have mirrors.
    We have a window over our sink, but we have a stand-up mirror on the windowsill. In our downstairs toilet there is a mirror over the sink, and in my mum's en-suite they have a stand-up mirror as well.
    you can get mirrors on a spring that you can screw to the wall
    Mirror above the sink and I doubt I'd be able to live without it! I am always looking in it!
    When I stayed with my mum she had a mirror on the door to the left of the sink.

My bathroom has a whole wall of mirror tiles.
    Our sink is below the window so we cant. We have a cabinet with a mirror on the front and that is above the toilet - the toilet and sink are next to each other. When my fella has had a shave all the water is on the floor/toilet seat:impissed: and when I brush my teeth and want to look in the mirror its a bit on a pain!

Thinking about getting them mirrors that fit onto a wall and fold in so we dont have to move!