Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

D.I.Y. Herbal highs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's a long story but basically I've recently got interested in making my own herbal highs. Now I know you can buy them but I've figured out it'd be cheaper and a hell of a lot more fun to make them myself. The thing is, where do I start? The main thing I want to do is use something you can make into a tea. Would be prepared to smoke if necessary but a bit of a last resort. Something you can get from the wild is good, but not against the idea of growing seeds.

Of course, if it absolutely has to be bought I'm also ok with that, but I don't quite believe that idea. Where would be the best place to buy plants such as Salvia or Datura for instance?

On a side note, how exactly does the law on opium work? I'm pretty sure you're allowed to grow opium poppies but how about obtaining the substance and making it into a tea? And where can you get the seeds from?

Comments

• Options
    Don't know much about it, but you can go out and pick mushrooms very easily :), they're all over the fields round my house.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to know about the extraction of opium, I know someone who has opium poppies in their garden...
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know about the extraction of opium, I know someone who has opium poppies in their garden...

have all poppies got opium in them ?
  • Options

I don't think so, think it's only certain 'Opium Poppies'.
  • Options

No - you would have to find the right seeds, then you would need to put them under huge lights to get the buds to fill out, and then you would need to cut the buds to make them 'bleed', then there is further treatments before you even get to opium, all very illegal.
  • Options
    some serious research or an actual mushie proffesional may be required to go picking. I hear theres all sorts of nasties out there that will just as happily kill you as trip your nutsack off.
  • Options
    some serious research or an actual mushie proffesional may be required to go picking. I hear theres all sorts of nasties out there that will just as happily kill you as trip your nutsack off.

Yes and no, there are certainly some out there which are deeply nasty, but they are in the minority. That's not to say you should go out and eat anything, but armed with a good colour book and a risk averse policy you should be fine.