Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Copied cw - will it affect the rest of the group?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I just found out that two girls in my biology class handed in coursework with the same paragraph because one of them was using the others to help her do hers. Anyway the moderators have noticed and the teachers always threaten that it could bring the whole groups marks down or even cancel it altogether. What are the chances of this happening?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends on the moderators and the exam board. They are trying to clamp down on things like that so have been known to go totally over the top and cancel the lot, but hopefully they'll just penalised the ones concerned.
    Well it's AQA, they've got to issue statements and the one who copied will get her whole AS disqualified and possibly any others on AQA, and most of the subjects at our school are AQA so she's pretty screwed. Dunno about the one who lent it though.
    Sorry to revive but in our results they haven't mentioned anyones cw. Does that mean that everyones was disqualified? What do we do if it has?
    Speak to your course tutors and college and ask them to clarify the situation.
    If you're supposed to have a separate mark for coursework then it'd probably say zero if it had been disqualified, if it's just one mark you get (ie a GCSE or a non-modular A-Level) there'd be no way to tell other than to ask your school.
    Well in all of my other subjects which I did cw in I have a separate mark. So it's really confusing! If it has been disqualified I hope I can just send it back in because there's nothing wrong with it!