Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work Experience =D

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Okay i've got my lovely work Experience coming up in sept, And i'm a little troubled for the Dress code.

I've been told its Smart But Casual ( No Jeans )

Me and my friend agreed we would both go in Black Bottoms ( probley our school ones) With a top - But what are you suggestions :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    See to me that seams abit over dressed for Working with some Kids + Doing Networking:blush:
    Can't you just wear your school trousers?
    xsazx wrote: »
    plain white shirt (typical office dress) but with open collar/no tie most probably then see what everyone else is like once you get there =]

:yes: I agree. Always been told its better to overdress the first day adjust from then on than to underdress. Or even carry a spare set of things in your car just in case you are over dressed and want to change.
    Where I work it's smart casual which means shirt, tie, trousers, shoes but not necessarily a big business jacket.

Or if you're a girl, anything you feel like throwing on that day! Can get away with murder when it comes to the dress code.

Just wear a shirt you button up, some trousers, a tie - and if it's a bit too formal take the tie off when you get there. In any job indoors trousers and shirt is never too formal so don't worry. :)
    black/grey trousers and a smart job. not necessarily a shirt but like a v neck top.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Can't you just wear your school trousers?

That's what i ment by black bottoms :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Just wear a shirt you button up, some trousers, a tie - and if it's a bit too formal take the tie off when you get there. In any job indoors trousers and shirt is never too formal so don't worry. :)

Woahh too formal for me!:blush:
    nicolalou wrote: »
    black/grey trousers and a smart job. not necessarily a shirt but like a v neck top.

Hmm could do

I was speaking with a mate on MSN and she says to go with yeah school bottoms a shirt and Jumper, one of the Stripey one's so i'm going to try it on tomorrow :p