Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Problem with neighbours - parking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, need bit of legal/information,

our house is situated funny, next doors gate is directly to ours and theres a wall eitherside. I park infront of my gate and wall with my bike, they park there car infront of hers, i leave 2/3feet space,

3times in a row they've moved my bike without asking me, I went round asked her nicely to stop moving it and the women (its her son in laws car) was bitchy telling me that "why should they have to manuvre around myself" Now she had plenty of rooms, she continued to insult me and I though ok, I'll contact the police, she says when I do she'll tell them to get me done with obstruction to parking, HOW, i park in front of MY gate/wall and leave plenty of rooms

I've contacted to police, Will put alock on my bike (around the wheel) if they move it, they'll damage it. but can she really get me done?

any advice\would be nice, as far as I am concerned them moving my bike without concent is the legal problem here.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're not blocking access to her property like you say you aren't then i fail to see how she thinks she can get you done.

Even if you were blocking her gate, if her car is on the drive then there is no case to answer, its only if you're blocking their access to getting in to their property (on their drive) then you are causing an obstruction. If you're stopping them getting out bizarrely it's not.

eta: Under English law that is, i'm guessing you're under Scottish law, and as such i don't know if things are slightly different, sorry.
    What have you actually done wrong? I really don't see how you've done anything wrong here.
    I haven't, they have by moving my bike 3times.
    It's illegal to park over a drive WITH a dropped kerb if there is a vehicle on the drive, but from the sounds of it you're not doing this and she's being a cunt.

If she touches your bike again, call the police and have her done. It's not too much to ask, if your bike was in the way, to knock the door and ask you to move it.
    there IS no drive, we have no drives at the front they're round the rear, its basicly

Wall - Her gate - My gate - Wall

she parks hers in front of her wall, i park mine in front of my gate/my wall (she has problem with that)

Rubberskin, I called the police today they should be popping round tonight i hope
    Hm she sounds a bit mad, surely its not inconveniencing her if its in front of your gate?
    Seems a shame to have to call the police out for your neighbours. So I guess they won't be getting invited round for tea and biscuits anymore!

If you've got a gate, why not just wheel the bike in anyway? Stops it getting nicked too :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Seems a shame to have to call the police out for your neighbours. So I guess they won't be getting invited round for tea and biscuits anymore!

If you've got a gate, why not just wheel the bike in anyway? Stops it getting nicked too :)
    because it's up steps shyboy so its to much inconviences,

Police actually came to my work to speak to me (although i asked them not to but my boss didn't mind)

If im not in front of her gate, there is nothing they can do about it. them moving my bike is actually a form of threft according to the officer, I said I didn't want to press charges unless they keep it up
    I'll also post photos later.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    It's illegal to park over a drive WITH a dropped kerb if there is a vehicle on the drive.

According to my local council there isn't. We always have people parking across our drive way - even when the bike & car are in there and no-one will do anything about it.

It seems to me like you're parking no where near her and she's just being stupid really.
    why is she moving it and where is she moving it to?
    Car.jpg

She moves it back oh and i believe i may have found damage to the bike.

shes not moving her son in law is
    I honestly don't see what you've done wrong. If she's done damage, then report her for it.
    lovely little house by the way
    He came around and threatened us, saying he'd have no problem disposing of the bike.

police are just been, having a word with him now.
    Sofie wrote: »
    According to my local council there isn't.

There isn't what ?

I know i'm right, well the copper who told me that i would assume was right.
    Sorry, used wrong words. You said that it's illegal for someone to park across someone's drive way. According to my council, it's perfectly legal. :rolleyes:
    oooh what a lovely little house :heart:

I assumed you meant pushbike originally and thought i wouldnt mind if someone moved it slightly out of the way if it was mine, but i definitely would be pissed off if someone moved my scooter, esecially since they dont even need to.
    If it was in their way, why wouldnt they knock and ask if you minded moving it?

Glad youre getting it sorted out.
    Ok, the police returned etc,

He's been warned about the threatening, and warned about moving my bike, He cannot approch us, enter my property of touch my bike, if he does they'll arrest him.

They did tell me "if" my bike was obstructing there gate it may be told but as he wasn't conserned as far as he could see my bike is fine (both officers said so)

alls well :D
    Ha nice one. Looking at the photos they haven't got a leg to stand on - its in front of your house! They must be mad

Your house is really nice too :)
    its for sale, wanna buy it

oh and night 1 - no bike movement :D I pwned them :D
    just don't go manking enemies on arran, it's a little place...
    just don't go manking enemies on arran, it's a little place...

yeah gotta be careful of thst too, but must be had when its him starting it.

Was the policeman who visited like PC plum from balamory?
    Was the policeman who visited like PC plum from balamory?

You are *so* a parent...
    You are *so* a parent...
    Hehe!
    lol no he isn't

and its fine, no one likes this old women, well not many people, shes stuck up her arse, but tbh i'd rather make enermies than let someone get away threatening me while my fiance and child are standing there
    You are *so* a parent...

oh no, can you see the vomit on my shoulder from all the way over there?
    It's one thing knowing that Balamory exists, but another to know the character names :D

I've managed to avoid that for a few years, but I have a feeling that me and the Tweenies are going to be good friends again :(
    I know all the songs too, and I havent even watched it in about 2 years .

Its pretty bad I know
    the tweenies- oh the pain! teletubbies were the worst though, fucking twice -- why do they have to play it twice???!!!