Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Longest number of days at work

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
What's the longest you've ever worked without a break? By that, I mean the longest number of days before you had a day off.

Answering my own question... due to the arcade being short-staffed next Sunday, they've asked me to work all seven days this week. I agreed, for no other reason than needing the money - I've got a bill of over £1500 to pay in about three weeks from now. Which now means I will be working every day from today (the 27th) until the 8th September, a Saturday. Unless I'm mistaken, that's 13 consecutive days of work. I'm going to be exhausted!

It doesn't help I was meant to be going on holiday to Spain next week. However, due to the person I was going on holiday with having a couple of big problems to deal with at the moment, that's been cancelled. Instead of seeing the delights of Spain, I'll be seeing the delights of change machines and whinging customers. Whoop-de-bloody-do.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I worked in the bingo - 8 in a row, from 8am to 10/11pm.

That was when I was homeless two years ago. I needed the money, and I also didn't have anywhere else to go except work.
    19 during the Fringe.
    5 days.

Eta: Worked in an Irish college for 3 weeks everyday but wasn't doing manual labour there. Workewd on a building site though for 5 days a week. Cunt!
    I worked for a month straight once, which was a combination of shifts during the day 8 hours each, and 12 hour days and 12 hour nights mixed in randomly..

Last week I did 6 12 hour shifts (72 hours), then half a day off and back in for another 60 hour week.. I'm quite accustomed to working stupid hours, I do try and take decent breaks every so often though.

Meh, it'd be easier if I didn't have to do it.. but money makes the world go round..
    Saturday was my first day off since August 6th. That's 18 days in a row where I clocked in. Including one 14-hour shift and one 15-hour shift.

Huzzah.
    About sixteen days (apparantly my five and six buttons don't work anymore..or end bracket... a few years ago. I enjoyed the money though
    About a year when i worked in a bar.
    6 days or so, agh the hardship...it's been about 3 months since i had a proper break, probably won't til christmas now either :o
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I worked 12 days on 2 days off with 5am starts for a couple of years as a greenkeeper. And that was crap money.

In the last couple of years I've worked at least a month without a break a couple of times because working weekends is an extra few hundred quid in the bank. It's worth it.
    Weekender Offender 
    I think only about 7 heh slacker
    I only ever work Mon-Fri, but my boyfriend works Mon-Fri and every other weekend, so he works twelve days, then gets two off, then another twelve etc etc all year round.
    When I had three jobs I worked a few months at a time with no days off. I worked days in an office doing graphic design and videos and projects and shit mon-fri; then I'd teach a dance lesson three or four early evenings; followed by lates in a bar thurs-sun. It didn't really feel like hard work at the time, but I was pretty fit back then, couldn't & wouldn't do it now.
    Eight in a row when I did work exeperience and did my normal retail job at the weekends.

Since having office jobs only six days in a row at any one time. But I have done a it for three/four weeks in a row at peak times.
    Twenty I think last summer.
    The most days I've worked in a row was 7, Sunday-Saturday then one day off and Monday-Friday again. Ahhh money is always good though. :)
    Working 8am-2am every day in debt/bonds, I lasted 1 week before walking out haha..other grads have managed to stay there for 2yrs now, working at worst till 3-4am, 7 days a week. :no:
    i've just done my 10th day in row..that includes 5 night shifts. i think the most i've done is 16.
    My shifts involve working 6/7 in a row then 4 days off. Longest i've worked was overtime and cancelled rest days, that was 10 days I think.
    I did almost 2 months with about 2 days off in the whole time once.
    But thats when I worked at a record shop, the money was good and I loved it.
    My summers at my woolen sock job usually consisted of my boss trying to have me work as much as possible. Think the longest I went without a single day off was two or three weeks. I ended up putting a stop to that sort of thing and this summer was able to ensure 1 day off per week until I quit that job in July for something else which paid better AND had proper weekends.

I'm going into a field now where my shifts will be three days work + three days off. I'm going to love that. :)
    something ridiculous like 1 day off in about 6weeks.