Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another pointless death

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i presume drug related.
    as i've said before ...you hand such a lucrative trade to crooks ...what do you expect?
    when 13 year olds can earn hundred quid a day for riding their bmx ...........
  • Options
    And what if it wasn't drug related? There is no indication of this being the case thus far - a similar situation with Jesse James.

The UK is at the top of the tables for polls for teenage drink and drug abuse, pregnancy, obesity etc ... we must be doing pretty well at teenage crime, too, by now. Very worrying. And it has definitely got worse over the last few years. Something is going terribly wrong. It can't be all down to poverty. Many European countries have even poorer communities than us, but have strong family bonds - and this sort of crime is far less common.
  • Options
    actually i think the violent murder rate has stayed stable for quite a while, i just think it's reported on more

like the 'spate' of stabbing that was everywhere a while back - was reading ome magazine that actually for the past 15 years, it's worked out to one fatal stabbing per week which hasn't changed

but off all of the politics, let's hope they catch who is responsible, gogogo police
  • Options
    Fucking cowardly scum. Hang 'em from the highest tree is what I say.
  • Options
    Fucking cowardly scum. Hang 'em from the highest tree is what I say.

there are high enough trees?
  • Options
    there are high enough trees?

Well the Gov't should plant some more thus helping the environment and also cleaning up our streets from these cowardly fucks.
  • Options
    actually i think the violent murder rate has stayed stable for quite a while, i just think it's reported on more

I think there is the subtle difference, influenced by spin ... violent murder may be the same - BUT between teens? I am quite sure that this amount of murder would never have been 'not reported' over the last 20 years.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I think there is the subtle difference, influenced by spin ... violent murder may be the same - BUT between teens? I am quite sure that this amount of murder would never have been 'not reported' over the last 20 years.

People under 16 being murdered accounts for 7% of all murders apparently.
    Violent crime peaked in 1995 and has dropped to 1980's levels...so say the BBC.
  • Options
    I think the only difference is that more kids are tooled up now, so what used to be a GBH is now a murder. But the fact that the stuff is being reported shows that its still fairly unusual.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    People under 16 being murdered accounts for 7% of all murders apparently.

Yep, and half of those are killed by their own parents :(
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I think the only difference is that more kids are tooled up now, so what used to be a GBH is now a murder. But the fact that the stuff is being reported shows that its still fairly unusual.

No doubt about it, last few years we've had more reports of the local youths carrying knives/weapons e.t.c.
    We're very quick to stamp the idea out of them though, they don't like being arrested by cops with dogs.
  • Options
    i remember when only adult villains carried guns.
    they were usualy to threaten bank staff/security guards etc or to threaten or shoot other villains. hardly a shot was ever fired ...for years.
    the fact that kids on pushbikes now have them is truly scary.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    No doubt about it, last few years we've had more reports of the local youths carrying knives/weapons e.t.c.
    We're very quick to stamp the idea out of them though, they don't like being arrested by cops with dogs.

Are you a policeman, Whowhere? :)
  • Options
    i remember when only adult villains carried guns.
    they were usualy to threaten bank staff/security guards etc or to threaten or shoot other villains. hardly a shot was ever fired ...for years.
    the fact that kids on pushbikes now have them is truly scary.

Ah the 60's ... ! My grandparents told me about that ... :p
  • Options
    Ah the 60's ... ! My grandparents told me about that ... :p
    ...and them dam hippys putting flowers down the barrels of policemens guns aye ....
    god i have a hangover.
  • Options

he's a PCSO i believe
  • Options

I'm a PCSO, but where I work we deal with more than the usual in the way of real criminals.
  • Options
    No offense intended to you WhoWhere, but what is the point of a PCSO? Why not just be a real policeman?

I just don't get it.. There are two by me I see every so often, one is a fit blonde and the other is a right arsehole, cba to get into why but yeah..
  • Options
    I do the work a beat bobby of years ago was intended to do, ie proactive patrolling and dealing with all the community based jobs ie underage drinking, neighbour disputes, nuisance motorbikes e.t.c.

Why not be a cop? Pay is the same for crapper hours, worse conditions and too much paperwork.
    In an 8 hour day I can spend 7 hours of it outside interacting with people. My idea of hell is being stuck behind a desk.

BTW, i've also dealt with more serious crimes, a few thefts a few serious assaults (by dealt with I mean i've been first at the scene and i've made the initial arrest).