Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

knocked up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone seen this? sooo funny..one of the funniest films i've ever seen..wasnt expecting it to be that good.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i saw it last night. (:
    it was surprisingly good.
    its sooo soo goood..people gooo watch it!
    so..was it good?
    Call that sarky?
    that's so tame! you're lame.
    icey wrote: »
    so..was it good?

no it was shit
    I was considering seeing it, but I don't really want to. I'll probably be told to lighten up, but I just don't think unplanned pregnancy is that hilarious. Maybe tis just me, I've told many people the test is positive over time, and the destroyed look on their faces just tells me I don't want to see the Hollywood version.
    go_away wrote: »
    I was considering seeing it, but I don't really want to. I'll probably be told to lighten up, but I just don't think unplanned pregnancy is that hilarious.

Nobody said that unplanned pregnancy is hilarious. That's precisely where it's a very mature film, and does not shy away from dealing with real issues. It's also hilarious.
    [during a check-up]
    Female Doctor: Oops. That's not your vagina. That's your asshole.

I don't think I'll be missing out by not seeing it! :D Can't wait for "Knocked up 2: The Planned Parenthood version"

ETA: I think part of my rant has to do with the fact that there seems to be more and more movies that are not really that funny (well, IMO anyway) but are labelled comedies because of the slapstick and toilet humour. Things like Date Movie et al. Someone's about to go for a trans-vaginal ultrasound? I'm sure the mature way to deal with it would be to make a joke about using it on the guy next... I'm a bigger fan of darker comedies anyway, like Little Miss Sunshine or Muriel's wedding and I wish there were more around :(
    I loved Litltle Miss Sunshine and it does have it's dark moments. I don't really want to say because it'll ruin it for you but this film is what Kevin Smith has been trying to do for years..the sentimentality and the wit. The name put me off at first but I reckon you'll be missing out by not seeing it.
    Will wait till it's out on DVD so my boyfriend can download it. Seems like the lesser of two evils. Don't really want to see it, but I can't entirely poopoo it until I've seen it
    I watched the trailer and thought it looked like another bullshit comedy. Then at the end there was a review tagline with the best comedy film this year on it, and I thought nothing of it. Figured it was from Heat Magazine or Loaded or some other bullshit, but when I watched again it was from The Times. And they're not the sort of reviewers to claim that every other film is the best film ever. So I might watch it.
    I just watched it (its on tvlinks.net if anyone wants to do the same) and i feel kinda indifferent about it really. I don't think it was particularly funny, I laughed about 3 times but it was an alright film. glad i didnt pay to go see it though.
    I just watched it (its on tvlinks.net if anyone wants to do the same) and i feel kinda indifferent about it really. I don't think it was particularly funny, I laughed about 3 times but it was an alright film. glad i didnt pay to go see it though.

where on tv.links?
    Rachael wrote: »
    where on tv.links?

sorry was the wrong link. this should do it http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/4 :]

that sites amaaaazing, iv been watching season 6 of scrubs on it tooo.
    ahh thankyou :hyper:
    I downloaded it the other day, it was alright but not that great.
    I saw it at the cinema the other day it was sooo funny really worth seeing!
    this film is hilarious. one of the funniest films i've seen since Anchorman.
    O_o wrote: »
    this film is hilarious. one of the funniest films i've seen since Anchorman.

:hyper:

i just found out today that loudon wainwright plays the gynacologist..!
    I thought it was funny, but a lot of people talked the film up so much that I was expecting a bit too much...so I wasn't too impressed. I think it's because the lead actress gets on my nerves when i watch Grey's Anatomy