Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ahh shit, here we go...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I'll start at the beginning...

There's a girl at work (I know, so cliche) who I've been working with for over a year now, and ever since I first laid eyes on here, I've been besotted. I think I may have even made a thread about her AGES ago.
The thing is, she goes to Uni and only ever works during her holidays, and I was only a part time member of staff, I never got to work with her much and so she never really got to know me, although we always got on well and chatted when we did work with eachother. Anyway, I made myself give up any hope, besides she had a boyfriend up in Uni who was way better than me, and she was and still is way out of my league.
The thing is though, this summer I've become full time and we've been working together loads. Over the summer, we've become such good friends, almost the best of friends at work. We get on so well, always joke around and end up in fits of laughter, flirt like mad and it's apparantly obvious to everyone that we have a real connection. My lost hope has really come back, she's broken up with her boyfriend and I know that she's looking for guys and has been on several unsuccessful dates.
I really feel like we're meant for eachother (without trying to sound too corny). I've hinted to her how I feel, and she's hinted to me how she feels, although I haven't got the guts to actually say it straight to her face, because she is still so out of my league and the question still remains - Why would someone like her look twice at someone like me??
Also, she's only for another month before heading back off to Uni, so would there even be a point in persuing this?
Sorry, but I've liked her for so long and this is all starting to do my head in. lol:banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a month left before you lose your chance, she's single and has been on unsuccessful dates, and you just know you'll be kicking yourself forever if you don't ask her out...

Pluck up that courage and just slip into conversation with her 'do you fancy going for lunch/a coffee etc' - the worst she can say is no

And there's always that whole 'shes out of my league' thing but every day I'm sure you see some guys with some girls and you think 'how in the hell did he pull her etc' - and in most cases I'm sure it's because he asked her out...

Just go for it - you'll wish you had once she's gone.

I'd say take a shot. You'll be glad you did. I would also get rid of this leagues thing with her because your making her out to be better than she is and that just complicates things.
    Ah, you are laaahvleeh. Mate, if you had one of your mates tell you about this situation what would you do? I have a hunch you'd tell him to go for it.

I know it's easier said than done but why pass by on a really good thing that could happen if the worst thing that will happen is if she says 'no'?

You don't get opportunities like this often where you meet someone and it's as though something HAS to happen as it's too perfect?

Cheesy as it sounds if I were in your boat I'd grab her and keep an icey death grip and make her listen about how crazy and excited she makes you when you come into work and you hope she feels the same and you should celebrate your honesty and embaressment by having a few shandies out of work.

Wow, that last paragraph heavy turned into a romantic inarticulate monologue. But hopefully you get the gist.

You're a good lad who knows how to keep things realistic. Don't ever think someone's out your league, she might just be feeling as shy as you. Go for it.
    I know you're all right, I just need to spit it out but I can't.
    I have hinted to her and she's hinted back, making it so obvious that we like eachother, but still no one has done anything. lol

I think we're having a work night out in Brighton soon, I know she missed the last one (much to my dissapointment) and she really wants to make it to this one... so hopefully with the help of my good friend alcohol, something will happen...
    Enough of this "she's out of my league" stuff, that's only something that's gonna hold you back. You come across really well on here, plus do you think Bournemouth and Crewe ever thought they'd be in the same league as Leeds United? Now look at them! ;)

Let things happen mate, don't put too much pressure on yourself either. Keep up the flirting and stuff and by the time the night out in Brighton comes round it'll happen and it'll be great.

Don't be like me and chicken out of something when you're not sure if you're good enough for somebody. It does sound like there's real potential there, so go for it :thumb:
    Cheers man.
    Yeah I know the 'out of my league' thing is so stupid, but I've never found myself getting close to someone this beautiful like ever, and it almost scares me?
    I've got work with her in a few hours, I may bring up the night out to Brighton and suggest her coming down with me and the other bar lads or something?
    Be a shame for her too if she loses out on someone she really clicks with just because she happens to be beautiful.

I think you should go for it!
    Be a shame for her too if she loses out on someone she really clicks with just because she happens to be beautiful.

Just what I was thinking :yes:

Try and beleive in yourself a bit more, from what you've said she doesn't seem like the type who considers herself to be superior to boys who like her, and she doesn't seem like she takes herself too seriously or think she's God's gift. That's when you'd maybe need to be a bit wary.

I know it's not easy when she's beautiful cause 48486676 other blokes like her and sometimes you think you've not got much to say for yourself in comparison (least that's how I think, haha!), but if you can concentrate on getting to know her as a person and having a good time then you won't go far wrong.
    Bri-namite wrote: »

I know it's not easy when she's beautiful cause 48486676 other blokes like her and sometimes you think you've not got much to say for yourself in comparison (least that's how I think, haha!)

Yeah that's exactly it.

You're right, she isn't the kind of girl who think she's gods gift. She's very down to earth and I think that's why we get on so well.

I also don't wanna get hurt when she goes back to Uni, but I suppose live for the moment and all that.
    I'm really gonna try and pluck up the courage, you're all right, I can't let a golden opportunity like this slip...

Cheers everyone. :)
    As everyone said, go for it and good luck :)
    Just like to agree with everyone else really.

I don't believe in leagues at all and she wouldn't be such good mates with you if she didn't like you. So stop thinking that she is out of your league...

A group night out sounds like a brilliant place to start, you can have a laugh together and flirt and everything!! :heart:

Good luck. My advice would be not to put too much pressure on yourself and just have fun, I'm sure you will do that anyway.
    pill 'ed wrote: »

I think we're having a work night out in Brighton soon, I know she missed the last one (much to my dissapointment) and she really wants to make it to this one... so hopefully with the help of my good friend alcohol, something will happen...

Work nights out are the way forward! When you've both got a bit of alcohol in you if you really do like each other i would say something is bound to happen. I'm talking from experience too, if you like someone at work it always just seems to happen for me on nights out! haha. or at christmas parties!

Aw ed this post is so cute :D haha.
    We have a sort of work night out coming up this Thursday and at the moment it's just me andf the bar guys and I'm not she'd come if the other girls weren't coming, although they might come, I've got to facebook everyone.

Arrgh, lol would it be cowardly and shitty of me to send her a facebook message instead of confronting her? Also, should I just like casually ask her out for a drink or something or do I tell her that I really like her aswell?

I'm just so worried that she'll reject me because she's going away in just under a month, then I've got to put up with seeing her at work and it'll be well awakward like...
    Have you got her number ?

And try and get her to go out with work because once you both have a few drinks it will be easier to talk to eachother !
    Have you got her number ?

And try and get her to go out with work because once you both have a few drinks it will be easier to talk to eachother !

No I don't, but then I don't even have a mobile at the moment so I can't text anyway. I do have her facebook though.... I'm facebooking everyone at work now about this night out, hopefully she'll come along!!
    As far as the going back to uni thing goes, I would try not to worry too much about it-I've just started going out with someone and I go back to uni in a month, and I was really reluctant to get with said person because I'm going away again soon, and I was afraid he would get bored/find someone else etc. But we've talked about it, and it's not like I'm going to be away for 2 whole years, and we can always visit each other...

So I agree with everyone else, grab the opportunity...if you don't you'll always wonder 'what if?'

Good Luck :D
    Awwww, we're all desperate for our young Ed to be happy. Hurry the fuck up and do something. :razz: Haha.
    1983 wrote: »
    Awwww, we're all desperate for our young Ed to be happy. Hurry the fuck up and do something. :razz: Haha.

:lol:
    No I don't, but then I don't even have a mobile at the moment so I can't text anyway. I do have her facebook though.... I'm facebooking everyone at work now about this night out, hopefully she'll come along!!

Aw get a phone !

Sounds like you two are getting on really well though so hopefully she'll go to your works do, you can have some drinks, have a drunken chat/ dance and soon you'll be going out on your first date !

Good luck !
    :blush: Cheers guys!

Yeah well I'll wait and see what she says about Brighton, if she doesn't come for whatever reason then I'm just gonna leave her a message on facebook like asking her out for a drink anyway. Fuck it, I don't care if she says no and work becomes awkward, it's gotta be done! But do I tell her how much I like her or just ask her out?? Don't wanna scare her off, ya know?

About the Uni thing, yeah I'd quite happily travel up there to see her, it's just I don't think she'd be too happy about the distance thing, that's my only concern about her answer. :nervous:

Oh, and I know I need a phone lol but I can never be arsed to get one...

Oh, and I know I need a phone lol but I can never be arsed to get one...

Dont you have a mobile Ed ?
    Calvin wrote: »
    Dont you have a mobile Ed ?

I jumped in a swimming pool with it in Kavos when I was pissed! lol
    I jumped in a swimming pool with it in Kavos when I was pissed! lol

:lol:
    Could you not grab a quick drink/kebab something etc after work? Though thats probably harder if you work in a bar anyway i'm on tenterhooks waiting for the next update in the saga!
    Yeah come on Ed. Have you asked her out yet. Its worse than and Eastenders cliffhanger this.
    About the Uni thing, yeah I'd quite happily travel up there to see her, it's just I don't think she'd be too happy about the distance thing, that's my only concern about her answer. :nervous:

You don't know that until you ask her.
    :lol: Chill guys, I'm gonna wait to see what happens in Brighton first...

She's already down there with some friends at a party or something, but she's gonna try and make it out to meet up with us afterwards.
    I see tonight is the night you's hopefully meet up? Well hope all goes well and you tell her how you feel and she feels same way :thumb:
    just don't be taking any e's at the weekend, in case you end up professing your undying love for her, gurning like a monkey!
    :heart: