Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Electric cooker advice

Hiya, do we have any electricians in the house?
I need some advice and can't particularly afford to call an engineer out for a while.. lol.
My electric fan assisted cooker no longer heats up, the fan still works, and the grill (luckily also a top oven) still works.
Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on what the problem may be and how much it's going to cost/whether I should buy a new one?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    unfortunately not a clue

only thing i can suggest is sign up for british gas home care which covers a lot of kitchen appliances, give it a few days/week then ring up and claim so they come out and fix it :D
  • Options
    I would only I hate british gas, they're trying to take us to court over a bill we haven't paid - despite never having been with them! The tools.
  • Options
    Sounds like the oven element may have died. I had a similar thing a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    is it expensive to replace?
  • Options
    Just had a look online, with any luck should only be about £20 before labour
  • Options
    Ours wasnt, I got the part from here - http://www.4ourhouse.co.uk for about £15 and Mr Glittery fitted it :D

It might not be that though..
  • Options
    thanks! :)