Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Travel Insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello

Im off to study in the USA and i have a problem with the insurance. International student have to pay for health insurance through the university, mine is going to cost around $750. So i only need travel insurance that covers for baggage, delays etc, I dont need one that covers medical expenses. Im having real trouble finding a cheap deal since all insurance companies that i have found automatically include medical. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Endsleigh?
    I got travel insurance with them that didn't have any medical shit attached.
    They were one of the first that i tried but its only giving me two options and boh include the medical stuff. How did you get to do it without all that stuff? Did you have to go into a branch?
    Try speaking to www.travel-insurance-web.com

They are really cheap and customisable. They might be able to help but if they can't then maybe it will be cheap enough anyway.
    I have no help, just curiousity. Where ya headed?
    I have no help, just curiousity. Where ya headed?

Chicago
    Good choice ;) Which school? What you going to study?