Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Student Finance/LEA?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Should this be in here? Probably not. I DON'T CARE.

Anyway.

My mum wants me to ring up some people to find out about my loan etc. because I go to uni in three weeks (GOD how scary :|) and I still haven't heard anything.

BUT do I ring Student Finance, or do I ring my LEA? I don't want to ring one only to be told to ring the other because my fear of phoning people means I'm petrified enough about doing this as it is.

Help :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ring Student Finance. But I think you should wait another week or so because you only just got confirmed you were going to Uni when you got your results right?

I completely sympathise with you, I hate the phone too. Once, my Mum made me ring up my Residence in France before I got there and my French was terribe, it was the worst thing ever, I was on the ohone for 32 seconds haha!
    I got my results on July 6th :p. I HAVE to ring Student Finance tomorrow, apparently. To be fair, I have been putting it off for about 3 weeks.

Argh, I hate phones :(.
    Franki wrote: »
    I got my results on July 6th :p. I HAVE to ring Student Finance tomorrow, apparently. To be fair, I have been putting it off for about 3 weeks.

Argh, I hate phones :(.

Gutted, it'll be alright. I had my stuff through on the 28th June (I'm a returning student) so maybe yours will be coming along with the others who just got their results. In any case tomorrow you can just say, should I have heard anything by now and get off the phone ASAP. Good luck:)
    That's what I'm planning on :yes:. I got my birth certificate back a few weeks ago but since then...NADA!!! I'll call them on my way home from work I think....
    Have you heard anything back from Student Finance at all yet? Or have you only been dealing with your LEA?

If you've had nothing from Student Finance at all, then best people to ring first will be your LEA.

Do this first thing in the morning, you may well need all day!

Your LEA will probably then say that it's all been processed by them and sent to Student Finance, so ring Student Finance. Take note of the name of the person you speak to and find out when it was sent to Student Finance.

Then you ring Student Finance. They deny all knowledge of having anything through from your LEA yet, so you have at your finger tips the date that the info was sent through, and the name of the person who told you so.

You may well end up ringing each one more than once.

By the end of tomorrow, you will have been on the phone enough to get over your fear of phone calls. :D

Good luck with it, and be persistent!