Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

old story but i jsut found, amazingly scary

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan wrote: »
    No - you're wrong.

Firstly, neither Islam or Judaism accept Jesus Christ as God - so you fall at the first hurdle.

Christians don't believe that Jesus is God either, only that God revealed himself through Jesus.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Christians don't believe that Jesus is God either, only that God revealed himself through Jesus.

Wrong! Of course they do! :lol: What do you think Christianity and the Trinity is all about????? Jesus is believed to be God in human form ...

Examples :

"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

"'If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.' Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.'" (John 14:7-11, 20).
    Teagan wrote: »

"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

"'If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.' Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.'" (John 14:7-11, 20).

Yes, but this doesn't mean Jesus is God. Just that God has chosen to reveal himself through Jesus.

Jesus also said on the cross,

"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani" which translates as "God, God, why have you forsaken me?" Why would he be praying to God if he was indeed God himeself?
    The whole concept of the Holy Trinity is one of the most bizarre things to be found in the Bible, and one that can't be explained satisfactorally even by the best scholars.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    The whole concept of the Holy Trinity is one of the most bizarre things to be found in the Bible, and one that can't be explained satisfactorally even by the best scholars.
    Remeber the trinity is like a shamrock. Small, green and in three parts.

If you think in human terms.... If God exists the human minds is simply unable to fully comprehend him.

What's worse is the Catholic concept of transubstation. They believe that when they eat communion and drink the wine they are actually eating the body of Jesus Christ and drinking his blood. Craziness! :D
    If you think in human terms.... If God exists the human minds is simply unable to fully comprehend him.

And yet some people claim not only to know that God exists, but to know his attitude towards certain things. Crazy really, isn't it?
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Yes, but this doesn't mean Jesus is God. Just that God has chosen to reveal himself through Jesus.

Jesus also said on the cross,

"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani" which translates as "God, God, why have you forsaken me?" Why would he be praying to God if he was indeed God himeself?

Because he was still God but in human form. If you look at the way Jesus addressed God in many of his sentences, he addressed him as his 'Father'. The Father is still God - so addressing him as God or Father is interchangeable, because they are the same.
    And yet some people claim not only to know that God exists, but to know his attitude towards certain things. Crazy really, isn't it?

Yep - we could all be in for a shock if God turns out to love both homosexuals and white supremacists.
    Yep - we could all be in for a shock if God turns out to love both homosexuals and white supremacists.

Or your 79 virgins turn out to be 40 year old men who still live with their parents. :p
    Or your 79 virgins turn out to be 40 year old men who still live with their parents. :p

I always thought that was a mistranslation and you end up with 79 Virginians

The Holy Trinity is one of those things that has obviously been made up as religion has gone along - and is patently an attempt to consolidate the ridiculous stories purported.

'Hang on a minute, now you're telling me God is God, Jesus is God and The Holy Spirit is God?'

'Errrrrrrrrr, yeah. Holy Trinity, in'it. You can't comprehend God. Stop asking questions.'
    The Holy Trinity is one of those things that has obviously been made up as religion has gone along - and is patently an attempt to consolidate the ridiculous stories purported.

'Hang on a minute, now you're telling me God is God, Jesus is God and The Holy Spirit is God?'

'Errrrrrrrrr, yeah. Holy Trinity, in'it. You can't comprehend God. Stop asking questions.'

Water. Can be liquid, solid or gas - each with different properties. Is that so incomprehensible? ;)
    I always thought that was a mistranslation and you end up with 79 Virginians

Nah it's something like 72 brown raisins or something stupid like that. :lol: