Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

eating pot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does eating it make you as high as smoking it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Short answer - yes, and then some.

Eating cannabis is far more efficient at delivering the THC and CBD (the two psychoactive chemicals in Cannabis, the stuff that you smoke it for), apart from the obvious health benefits of not having to smoke it.

The downsides to eating it are;

1) It can take a long time to kick in (anything up to 2 hours and in rare cases even beyond) depending on your inidividual constitution, how full your stomach is, etc. The problem here is that people often think it hasn't worked, then smoke/drink/do something else and they get hit later on when it kicks in. This can be quite an unpleasant and even scary experience for some people.

2) It is VERY easy to go over the top with edible Cannabis, and I've run into quite a few people who've eaten way too much without realising and ended up making themselves incredibly sick and paranoid.

3) Edible Cannabis for many people is a different experience altogether from smoking it. It is not uncommon for people to be even more mellow and introspective than they would be smoking it. Its certainly not a party drug, unless you play party games like

'Sit down and giggle yourself into a coma because you think the name 'Boutros Boutros Ghali' is really really funny'

If you are going to do it, make sure you're somewhere familiar, with people you trust, and that you don't drink or smoke on top of it. Its really something you do when you've got a few mates over, a playstation, and an evening to kill.
    the other day i tried eating it & for the 1st time in my life i was stoned!
    it never effects me in bong or smoking form. but then i ate some hash && the world was a better place, though it took like an hour
    Eating cannabis is far more efficient at delivering the THC and CBD (the two psychoactive chemicals in Cannabis, the stuff that you smoke it for), apart from the obvious health benefits of not having to smoke it.

It depends what you mean by efficient, you have to use more so its not efficient in that sense.

The biggest difference is the liver, the THC changes there into something slightly different, longer lasting and more hallucinogenic.

If you are going to use this way start small, wait a good hour or more before re-dosing and be somewhere you can relax.
    budda wrote: »
    It depends what you mean by efficient, you have to use more so its not efficient in that sense.

its definitely more efficient imo
    by efficient I mean that the ratio of THC that is absorbed is closer to 100% than if smoked - what I forgot to add was that oral Cannabis (as non-bong pointed out) is metabolised into Delta-9-THC in the liver, which is accounts for the different experience when eating it.
    Definately more effective. But a completely different feeling. I'm a regular smoker and always feel in control etc, whereas my head has gone a bit messy (and my stomach!) when I eat cakes.
    :yes: the effects of eating weed are a hell of a lot stronger than smoking it
    The first time I did weed I ate a tinth in a yoghurt, obviously I whitied badly!

Another time I ate cakes and it was awesome, really spaced out proper stoned feeling, then I had to walk this girl home, I'd say its a 30 minute round trip, maybe 40. Took me about 2 hours and I remember my mouth was so dry on the way back I was licking water off these bushes on the side of the road..

I had double dropped 2 E's before I left mind and all I had for company was a bottle of poppers haha
    Another time I ate cakes and it was awesome,

:yes: weed in cookies / cakes are best imo

"yoghurt" :lol:
    im a terrible smoker so i much prefer eating it.
    unless your a serious master chef, the best way ive found is to buy those Dennis The Menace/Tom and Jerry/whatever cake kits from the super market. Whip them up, drop in your weed, and bake away. quick and tasty and a good trip.
    i have heard that a little alchohol in the mix helps the interaction/release of the relevant chemicals....but as to if thats true or not i dont know. I presume it would have to be some good quality strong vodka or other spirit but i dont know, maybe someone can shed some light on that one.

Happy baking
    ok, Make sure u know how to cook it properly first, I usually get a big spoon and put butter or cooking oil in it and hash bits and light underneath with a lighter until it bubbles for a good bit and breaks up, it usually turns black as well.get the dosage right and put it into youghert.
    WARNING- eating the final potion that I described will ge THE most disgusting thing you will ever eat, I guarantee that, be perpared to gag and possibly throw up, with every mouthful have a nice drink ready.
    the effects can take 1 hour for first time user and abt 2-3 now for those that donr it before but the high is totally different from smoking, far stronger and longer, if you usualy get paraniod when smoking eating it maybe isnt a good idea if you want to leave the house.
    the downside is that it probaly worsens your tolerance lever moreso than smoking