Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I can't believe this... 0.0

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
...Mother walked straight into my room this morning, pulled the curtains apart and plainly told me to get my ass up or I'll be late...I sit up and look at her with a very unsatisfied WTF stare and she's like:What?You know you have lessons starting today."
School's not starting 'till like two more weeks and I told her so and guess what, turned out that my folks forgot to tell me about a little fact: they signed me up for chemistry tutorial for the two weeks and thought they mentioned it but in reality obviously forgot.
:banghead: I was soooooooooooooo pissed at them. A) for signing me up in the first place
B) for forgetting to tell me
I swear sometimes I think they only call me honey(which I absolutely detest by the way) so they don't have to remember my name.:impissed:
URGH...heading for homework...:grump:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'm sure there are many worse things in the world than being woken up and given some schooling :rolleyes:
    I'd be annoyed too. Hopefully it was just an honest mistake. You have the option to not go I guess.
    otter wrote: »
    i'm sure there are many worse things in the world than being woken up and given some schooling :rolleyes:

yes i agree. Although a little prior warning would have been nice for you.
    I would have been so pissed off. Mornings are shit without having to get up early in the summer holidays. Even so, swallow the medicine and get on with it (tempeted to call you honey here- but that's me just showing my age.) It'll seem like a pain now, but you really will thank them for it when you get good grades in exams etc.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    They don't have the right to put you in something without even telling you. And not to do it before they tell you either.
    The only worse thing I can think of is being woken up in the morning AND taken to the dentist. -__-;;

Not to go? *sarcastic laugh* Do you think I still need my limbs? If so than nope, I don't have an option.

Duh, I CAN'T get good grades in chemistry plainly because I have no clue and no one can change that. I'm plain stupid in that subject plus I hate/avoid it like the plague. :p

My parents think they have the right to do anything...my father at least and mother...well she just goes along I guess... *sniff*

Life is so unfair!!! *theatrical show*:crying:
    I'm sorry to sound like a boring old fart here, but at the risk of being an adult... if that's the total sum of your problems then seriously- shut up. So you say you don't have a clue in chemistry. Go to this class and GET a clue. For goodness' sake.
    I didn't have a clue in chemistry either, I couldn't do a basic equation but I managed to get a C so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Lmao, I wonder if some of these moody posters would react the same way to the exact same post by someone with 10,000 posts. Probably not :D
    You're talking like it's some sort of crime. Surely they're doing what they feel is right for you? And surely they'd rather see their child pass than fail?
    Aw gutted ! I would hate that. If my mum did that to me I think I would point blank refuse to go.

..Anyway Have fun ! :razz:
    I can't believe some of the reactions about this.

Imagine thinking you have another 2 weeks off work only to be woken up rudely and told to get your arse out of bed to go to work...I'd be a bit moody too. Its almost like that feeling when you think its a saturday and you can have lie in, then all of a sudden you realise its monday and have to be up in ten minutes :crying:

I would add though like others have said this course will be beneficial in the long run and it might even get you a bit more interested in the subject. My advice would be to make the most of it and ask as many questions as you can about the aspects of chemistry that you don't understand.
    Aw gutted ! I would hate that. If my mum did that to me I think I would point blank refuse to go.

..Anyway Have fun ! :razz:

Lol You took the words right out of my mouth!
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol You took the words right out of my mouth!

Great minds and all that ;)

Just to add ... Some people need to relax a bit .. You cant blame someone for wanting to have a break from studying in their holidays !
    Just to add ... Some people need to relax a bit .. You cant blame someone for wanting to have a break from studying in their holidays !

:yes: Agreed
    About the comment to just shut up;) Luv ya too. This is a forum so I can say my opinion. Don't like, don't read. Plus,this is not my biggest problem but there are some things I'm just not going to post on a brand new forum or anywhere at all. If that don' work either blame it on my age.
    As for the others :) thanx for the sympathy and yes I know this should be beneficial for me but from past experiance I know it wont be, but it will ruin my last two weeks. Oh well nothing I can do really I guess. As for straight out refusing to go...I learned some time ago that that gets me room arrest for like...forever,plus no money to spend and possible internet banning as well :crazyeyes WHICH IS HORRIBLE!!!
    Sides my problem is only half that they signed me up for chem, the other half is that they didn't ask me first AND even forgot to tell me all in all. I mean come on I ain' no 5 year old...
    :razz: OK fit over now I guess.
    (Laughing head off at last comment Bwaha)
    ^ Sorry, I just re-read my post and it was a bit harsh. I'm having a bad day over here, to be honest if someone woke me up this morning and said that all i had to do was attend a chemistry class, rather than be here, I'd kiss them! But no, its all relative, so I'm sorry I snapped. But you really should buckle down with the old chemistry, it's worth it in the end :)
    ;) S'ok Dubbin I didn't take it the wrong way. You have your opinion too. And believe me I did try to learn that shit but no can do. 'M practically all A's in other classes but that just wont happen.
    Why you havin' such a bad day? (If I may ask?):chin:
    One word- solicitors!
    Divorce your parents!

Haha. Can you do that?!

No, I'm dealing with a lease right now, and honestly, for all you pay them, solicitors aren't very good! If I gave the same customer service that I've received from them, I'd have no clients left at all!
    Just get one over on your mam.

Like, this morning at 3am when she's sound asleep run and scream "Mom, mom there's a big spider in my room and I want you to kill it." Then laugh when she finds out it's nothing at all. :thumb:
    :chin: Divorce them? Not a bad idea but mom wouldn't do that for the same reason she never argues: MONEY ;)

Well I dunno much about lease's or solicitors or your exact situation but for crying out loud what can you expect nowadays? :no: No one cares about the other's, especially if they're just customers only 'bout the cash they bag from you.
    Hmmm....maybe I could allow myself a prank *evil grin* Though I have to come up with something that doesn't include them finding out that it was me.
    Kira_93 wrote: »
    About the comment to just shut up;) Luv ya too. This is a forum so I can say my opinion. Don't like, don't read. Plus,this is not my biggest problem but there are some things I'm just not going to post on a brand new forum or anywhere at all. If that don' work either blame it on my age.
    As for the others :) thanx for the sympathy and yes I know this should be beneficial for me but from past experiance I know it wont be, but it will ruin my last two weeks. Oh well nothing I can do really I guess. As for straight out refusing to go...I learned some time ago that that gets me room arrest for like...forever,plus no money to spend and possible internet banning as well :crazyeyes WHICH IS HORRIBLE!!!
    Sides my problem is only half that they signed me up for chem, the other half is that they didn't ask me first AND even forgot to tell me all in all. I mean come on I ain' no 5 year old...
    :razz: OK fit over now I guess.
    (Laughing head off at last comment Bwaha)

It's only 2 weeks for christ sake.
    Sofie wrote: »
    It's only 2 weeks for christ sake.

Get a grip, oh my god.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Just get one over on your mam.

Like, this morning at 3am when she's sound asleep run and scream "Mom, mom there's a big spider in my room and I want you to kill it." Then laugh when she finds out it's nothing at all. :thumb:

Or Viva La Bam style, put a video camera in the toilet and when your mum goes in, burst in and shes at your mercy ... or maybe too far? :p
    Doofay wrote: »
    Get a grip, oh my god.

What? The OP is going on like her parents ahve done the most awful thing in the world and all they're trying to do is HELP her.
    I can see why you'd be pissed off, I'd be pretty annoyed too, especially if I didn't know.

However if you started playing pranks on your parents your just pretty much cutting off your nose to spite your face. After all they just want the best for you whether you see that or not, and your probably benefiting going to these classes more than you realise, your not going to achieve anything by playing pranks.
    Sofie wrote: »
    What? The OP is going on like her parents ahve done the most awful thing in the world and all they're trying to do is HELP her.

Do you have any idea of how miserable you're coming across? Can you honestly say you'd be happy to be woken up in the middle of your sleep cycle to be told you had to do something you hadn't even been informed of?

Members old and new come here to rant about things that annoy us to vent. Take a step back and look at the real world.
    Doofay: Heyyyyyyyy, you're not defending my opinion here by any chance are you? :chin: :yippe:
    Hmm maybe a bit too far with the viva la bam style but it would be hilarious!!!!!!!!!:D
    OH MY GOD you're so wrong when you think I wouldn't achieve anything with pranks :D I'd so get myself into room arrest minimum for 'till I turn 18.
    AND seeing that some people here think otherwise, I just might as well inform you: I.AM.MALE :rolleyes:
    About me whining over this I can only say what I said before, blame it on my age buddy but it's still unpleasant and the point of the whole thing is that they just did it without asking.:impissed: