Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

PMs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
(I'm sure I mentioned something similar about this before, can't remmeber though)

Anyway:
Is there any way I can stop all newbies PM'ing me? I'm only asking because I'm sure one of the PMs I got this morning was a clever attempt at spam.(and the PM was slightly odd) On one or two of the boards I post on, there's some sort of rule so that newbies can only PM someone ocne they've reached a certain amount of posts.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I PM'd you this morning, I don't think you would have taken mine as SPAM though.

I apologise for PMing you, I didn't know it would annoy you. But I will know better in future. Oh, and way to make someone feel welcome here, thanks.

*goes back to the newbie corner to sit in disgrace*

In fact, if your attitude reflects that of the longer term members of this site then I don't think you will have a problem with newbies much longer. I for one have just been put off coming back here.
    super147 wrote: »
    Well I PM'd you this morning, I don't think you would have taken mine as SPAM though.

I apologise for PMing you, I didn't know it would annoy you. But I will know better in future. Oh, and way to make someone feel welcome here, thanks.

In fact, if your attitude reflects that of the longer term members of this site then I don't think you will have a problem with newbies much longer. I for one have just been put off coming back here.
    Dont let one persons opinion put you off, we're mostly nice :)

Sofie if they bother you that much dont read them. You can see who a PM is from without opening it so if it's not someone you want to hear from then hit the delete button, it's no biggie.

Sorry, didn't quite mean it like that.
    Glittery wrote: »
    Dont let one persons opinion put you off, we're mostly nice :)

Sofie if they bother you that much dont read them. You can see who a PM is from without opening it so if it's not someone you want to hear from then hit the delete button, it's no biggie.

Definitely :yes:

I'm pretty much sure in all the years I've been at thesite I've never had a spam or weird PM. i must just not be popular enough :D
    Oh to be as popular as sophie :p
    Sofie
    You might be missing out on loads of PMs as a result of newbies (and Calvin :p) spelling your name wrong!
    heaven forbid a newbie pm sofie and spells her name wrong. ;)

Some people on here can be quite stuck up just like in real life. You're right though some users attitudes towards 'newbies' is a bit out of order and stressy at times.

Don't let it put you off though - I didn't.
    Some people on here can be quite stuck up just like in real life. You're right though some users attitudes towards 'newbies' is a bit out of order and stressy at times.

Don't let it put you off though - I didn't.

Hey, thanks JustThinking. I was gonna PM you and say thanks but then I remember what started this whole can of worms! :lol: lol!

Seriously though, thanks to all of you who gave words of support. I possibly overreacted and I've kind stolen Sofie's thread which was not my intention. Sofie, no offence taken or intended, it's cool.

As for me, all PMs welcome. I'll talk to anyone! ;)
    I always feel special when I get PM's from new people, maybe I'm weird :confused:
    squeal wrote: »
    maybe I'm weird :confused:

You said it. ;):p
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    You said it. ;):p

Take your bitchy comments elsewhere you :p