Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dick cheney saying we shouldn't of gone to iraq

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

in 1994, wonder what changed his mind.... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The official line is September 11th changed everything, after that they needed an easy whipping boy to punish with a quick easy war to help all the arms companies who had supported them.
    Well it's easy for him to say that in his multi-million dollar mansion bought with ill-gotten oil gains. Shame admitting that they shouldn't have gone to Iraq doesn't help the thousands of people murdered because of his and the rest of the US's actions.
    lol maybe he wasn't on the board of haliburton in 94? i can't believe this guy is VP of the world's most powerful nation, land of democracy and freedom my arse.
    Dick Cheney is hardly the only person prone to changing his mind. Remember a certain Mr Tony Blair? (yes, the moron who ran this country for ten years, God help us) Back when he was elected as an MP in the 1980s, he got in on an anti-EU ticket. He hated the European Union and everything it stood for - well, until some time in the 90s. I wonder why he changed his mind all of a sudden...

There's countless examples of politicians suddenly changing their opinions for no apparent reason. Other than convenience, of course.
    You do have to wonder how quickly oil is actually running out...
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Dick Cheney is hardly the only person prone to changing his mind. Remember a certain Mr Tony Blair? (yes, the moron who ran this country for ten years, God help us) Back when he was elected as an MP in the 1980s, he got in on an anti-EU ticket. He hated the European Union and everything it stood for - well, until some time in the 90s. I wonder why he changed his mind all of a sudden...

There's countless examples of politicians suddenly changing their opinions for no apparent reason. Other than convenience, of course.

:lol:

This sort of shit will get ya nowhere in uni remember that?

This is how Tony Blair sold out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clause_IV

Tony Benn is a proper labour member, it's all gone down the hole since Clause IV.
    Jim V wrote: »
    You do have to wonder how quickly oil is actually running out...

fairly quickly i reckon, according to matt simmons oil production peaked in 2005....
    fairly quickly i reckon, according to matt simmons oil production peaked in 2005....

It's hard to tell really. Oil deposits are being discovered all the time, though it is safe to say we've either already reached the peak or will in the near future.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    It's hard to tell really. Oil deposits are being discovered all the time, though it is safe to say we've either already reached the peak or will in the near future.

i'm no expert but what this guy is saying (and he used to be the president's senior energy advisor - the interview is well worth a listen) is that new production coming online is not enough to counter the declining production at major reserves like ghawar, cantarell and NS.....in fact there have been no major discoveries since NS and that is the main problem, all the money from oil companies has been going into consolidation and not into exploration which is a big hint that they have given up on investing in the future and that the oil sector is shrinking....how fast is debatable of course.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    This sort of shit will get ya nowhere in uni remember that?
    Like I give a shit what you think. For a man who says he doesn't take my posts seriously, you are making quite a point of responding to them.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Like I give a shit what you think. For a man who says he doesn't take my posts seriously, you are making quite a point of responding to them.

And you keep bringing this point up.

*yawn*

Next please.