Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Student survival kit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My brother has got his A-levels and got into the university of his choice. Its his birthday coming up so I want to make him a student survival kit. I'd like a nice mix of jokey things and some nice things that will help him. Nothing too big or heavy because it has to be able to send in the post.

So far I've got:

*Student cookbook
*Those curly beer goggles where the beer whizzes round your eyes

Any more ideas?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A bottle opener of some discription
    blu-tack
    Waterstones/Amazon vouchers (just a £5 worth or something)
    Lol that got moved quick enough! I put it in anything goes so it'd get quick replies :grump:

Bottle opener good idea!
    Condoms!
    Shotglass?
    nicolalou wrote: »
    Condoms!

Haha yuk he's my brother :sour:
    kangoo wrote: »

I know but better safe than sorry.
    paracetamol for hangovers
    kangoo wrote: »

Maybe so, but students are one of the highest risk group for STI.

Andrews Salts and Good Pub Guide
    10 new packs of underwear.
    i didnt do any laundry for 2 weeks when i got to halls...thank god i stocked up before hand. hehe.

a months supply of supernoodles.

a case of beer/bottle of spirits - to break the ice on the first day. first thing i did was crack a beer with the new housemates.
    Bag of pasta, tin of value beans, pack of socks, maybe a nice photo of all the family together, usb memory stick if he doesnt have one already, pack of lager/bottle of vodka, deodorant, mobile phone credit voucher
    icey wrote: »
    ...maybe a nice photo of all the family together...
    Not that, please. Anything but that. I cried on my first night down at Bristol when I looked at a picture they had given me
    Drink!
    Nope, I'm going ignore SG and say some fun family piccies.

Will he be at uni by the time you send it? If so find out what his washing machines take, if you can't then a couple of £ in small change for laundry. Probably the most useful thing anyone ever gave me. In a midget tupperware type tub which I continued to use for small change for laundry. Saved the manic hunting for change.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Drink!
    For some reason, I can see you becoming this Father Jack-style figure in your old age. I can't think why... :p
    Will he be at uni by the time you send it? If so find out what his washing machines take, if you can't then a couple of £ in small change for laundry. Probably the most useful thing anyone ever gave me. In a midget tupperware type tub which I continued to use for small change for laundry. Saved the manic hunting for change.

My brother had something likethat and it was really useful for the campus laundry.

Soap/toothpaste/shower gel. Travel sizes if you want lightweight stuff. Because its quite common to forget it or run out and not know where the nearest place is to get replacements.
    icey wrote: »
    maybe a nice photo of all the family together

LOL he's staying in the same town! Its the only uni that does his course, but he's moving out though.

Nothing heavy! No beans or crates of larger lol it has to go in the post! Thinking fit in a shoebox sorta thing

USB stick great idea. Defo sending him a pack of supernoodles for emergencies! They get you through some hard times :yes:
    If hes staying in the same town why are you posting it?