Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hate cannabis >=(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am seriously sick of this drug. It does nothing but make me lazy and feel like crap. Any time that I'm around other people that are smoking, I feel obliged to take a smoke - just so they don't think I'm an odd-ball.

Argh, what to do... It isn't that I don't like feeling stoned every now and again, but the down-come is fucking shit.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you feel obliged to take a smoke? I know it's cliched but just say no if you don't feel like a smoke, you're not 13 anymore.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Why do you feel obliged to take a smoke? I know it's cliched but just say no if you don't feel like a smoke, you're not 13 anymore.

Exactly! I have never been a heavy smoker, but I used to do it a fair bit in college... then the same sort of thing happened to me. Every time I had it I just felt crap and wanted to sleep.

I haven't smoked any since.
    In all fairness I doubt your mates would really care, and if they did then how good friends are they anyway?
    you don't have to smoke cannabis and always get stoned 'ya know.
    and if you don't want to take it, then don't. simple as.
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Exactly! I have never been a heavy smoker, but I used to do it a fair bit in college... then the same sort of thing happened to me. Every time I had it I just felt crap and wanted to sleep.

I haven't smoked any since.
    In all fairness I doubt your mates would really care, and if they did then how good friends are they anyway?

Yeh true.

I only ever use it to help me sleep. They'll be more left for your mates ... so i doubt theyll give a shit.
    I know, I know... But it's easier to say yes than no, especially whenever I'm around women that I could potentially have sex with...
    nostalgia wrote: »
    I know, I know... But it's easier to say yes than no, especially whenever I'm around women that I could potentially have sex with...
    smoking weed doesn't do much for your sex drive esp. with long term use :p
    otter wrote: »
    and if you don't want to take it, then don't. simple as.

pffft :no:
    Im not a big fan either. I used to do it a lot, but i jsut got really bored of it and now i really dont like it. I do still hang about with poeple who do it though and they kno i dont want ne so its not offered.

They're that minging that you HAVE to smoke it to make 'em more attractive? :confused:
    DC85 wrote: »

I only ever use it to help me sleep.

I used to rely on it to sleep. :D

Cannabis always used to chill me out so much, to the point where I didnt wanna go out or make an effort. Once watched 3 series of the Sopranos with my mate in a day, getting stoned and eating :hyper:

Ahhh happy days.

Seriously though, Im pleased I dont touch it anymore, as it really stifles your ambitions and makes you so lathargic.
    You do other drugs? I'll happily take most class A's at a club/party, but people seem a little miffed when I don't smoke cigarette's/weed. They don't look down on me for it though, as noone should. Certainly doesn't affect my chances with chicks either.
    If girls won't have sex with you because you don't smoke bud, then you're hanging with some wierd girls. lol

As others have said, you don't need to get stoned from smoking weed. I've grown out of the stage where I'd blaze countless amounts of weed and sit staring at the wall with a kebab on my lap, but I still smoke it from time to time because I enjoy it. I like the taste and I use it to relax me when I'm stressed and to help me sleep, as otherwise I'm an insomniac.
    I go through phrases (sp?!) like i enjoy the odd joint especially when its good stuff but i prefer blunts but ive never been a full-on stoner cos from my experience its quite an anti-social drug towards people that aren't smoking it and it gets quite boring i prefer stuff that speeds me up
    I go through phrases (sp?!) like i enjoy the odd joint especially when its good stuff but i prefer blunts but ive never been a full-on stoner cos from my experience its quite an anti-social drug towards people that aren't smoking it and it gets quite boring i prefer stuff that speeds me up

haha its a weird one, its anti-socially social if that makes any sense :D
    the problem is that, of any other drug, stoner so love their ceremony and all that goes with it. It can become central to everything you do, and when you aren't smoking you aren't always as happy to accept the PS2-Cakes-and-TV vacuum that exists where your social life used to be.
    Smokinh Weed.
    I am seriously sick of this drug. It does nothing but make me lazy and feel like crap. Any time that I'm around other people that are smoking, I feel obliged to take a smoke - just so they don't think I'm an odd-ball.

Argh, what to do... It isn't that I don't like feeling stoned every now and again, but the down-come is fucking shit.

I empathise mate - it gets a bit like that after a while. I tell you what does work, this webpage...

http://www.nevdgp.org.au/info/std_misc/MarijuanaQuit.html

Read it (probably best to read it when you are stoned and get into it) and then fill out the contract. Cold turkey and being strong-willed will get you on the straight and narrow. You'll miss the good times you had with cannabis but you'll find yourself more clear-thinking and stronger mentally.

Make sure you find the right moment to sit down and have some time to read the contract properly and think about. And don't see this as depressing, this could be the best thing you have ever done!

Please send me a message and let me know how you got on.

Best wishes,

SW