Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

can someone explain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
what happens at a2 results tomorrow if you don't get the grades you need.

who contacts the uni to find out if they'll except you anyway? me or my college? and when will i get an answer from them? tomorrow or do i have to wait?

just preparing myself for tomorrow :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You will need to ring them.
    If you don't get the grades ring them anyway, chances are they'll still accept you or offer you a place on another course. If not, then you check out clearing and start ringing round Unis.

Good Luck:)
    cheers, if i dont get the grades when do i find out if they'll still accept me or not? will they tell me straight away? just wondering if tomorrow nights going to be ruined with worrying.
    I don't know about you....but I've just had a letter off UCAS explaining to ring them. Summit about "Clearing" and stuff.

What happens is...on results day, when you get the grades to get into your Firm Choice Uni....a lot of places are freed up due to people not taking their Insurance places.

So if you don't get the grades you need just ring Uni and they'll prolly take you on anyway.

You could always check UCAS from midnight tonight and it will tell you whether you've been accepted :)
    I don't know about you....but I've just had a letter off UCAS explaining to ring them. Summit about "Clearing" and stuff.

What happens is...on results day, when you get the grades to get into your Firm Choice Uni....a lot of places are freed up due to people not taking their Insurance places.

So if you don't get the grades you need just ring Uni and they'll prolly take you on anyway.

You could always check UCAS from midnight tonight and it will tell you whether you've been accepted :)
    cheers for your help.

well i already know one of my grades cos the course finished in jan and its a D (need BBC) so i know i wont have been accepted without having to ring them up.

I don't think i got that letter, will have to have a look amongst my ucas stuff.

still not sure whether im gonna get an answer tomorrow or not though. it's so confusing.
    cheers, if i dont get the grades when do i find out if they'll still accept me or not? will they tell me straight away? just wondering if tomorrow nights going to be ruined with worrying.

If you don't get the grades the first thing you do is get on the phone to your Uni. If you're picking your results up at school they'll halp you sort everything out, give you a phone and some advice.
    thanks, think i understand it now.

now i have to decide whether or not to go on ucas at 12, risk finding out ive not got in and not be able to get to sleep, getting up for work at 6. gawd, just want it to be over :)
    YoUr ALl GOing To FaIL!!!! Argghhh CraSh And BuRn!!! My LiFE Is OvEr!!!
    Im sure all of you will have big smiles on your face by this time tommorow. If you dont get the grades, remember, its not the end of the world!

Good luck :)
    UCAS never works properly in the middle of the night, and if you know you haven't made the original offer then UCAS online will be no use to you.

Go into college tomorrow.

1. You find out your grades.

2. College got them yesterday and may well have already been in contact with the uni and know the answer. At this point it may be
    a) definite yes,
    b) definite no,
    c) wait a bit longer and they'll be in touch.

3. If they don't, ring the uni from college, but don't stress if you don't get straight through, there are lots of people ringing them. Most colleges will let you use their phones, but make sure you have plenty of credit on your mobile, and take the department admissions phone number with you (or the uni admissions number). Eventually you'll get through to someone and they'll talk to you. They may want to know your individual module marks, so make sure you've got them handy and you'll get:
    a) definite yes,
    b) definite no,
    c) wait a bit longer and they'll be in touch.

4. When you get your answer, you
    a)Celebrate
    b) Remember that life goes on and things will work out one way or another while you wait for them to make their minds up.
    c) Enter clearing, college will explain this to you and how it works.

All the best.
    Aw thinking about it is getting me all emotional! I can't believe it was 3 years ago for me! I remember my best mate wanted a lift home back up town after we got the results and I arrived back downtown at my house not knowing how the fuck I got there...then I partied like crazy all night:) :):)

Good luck again to everyone:hyper:
    If you get the grades you were asked for, the university will accept you. If you get just under that, depending on demand, you may get in anyway. If not, there are other options.

UCAS will most likely have sent a load of stuff to you about how Clearing works. They insist on sending it to me as well, despite the fact that my place at university is guaranteed - such is the benefit of having done my exams years ago. Anyway, all that will help you, but Clearing is something you have to do a lot of yourself. You have to call up universities to see whether they're interested - but let's see what happens before we speculate.

In the end, you don't even have to go to university now. Countless people these days take a year out, maybe even a few years, before doing uni and they often do very well out of it, hence why I'm giving it a go.