Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Results

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone else absolutely bricking their A2 results? I'm getting mine, and I'll either be going to uni, or not! I don't want to even open the envolope I feel that nervous though. :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Absolutely crapping myself. And it's only 2 days away.

I don't have the worry of Uni though, because I've got an Accounting Apprenticeship which means my grades won't really affect it.

I'm just thinking of the worst possible grades I can get, and then anything above that will be great :D lol.

Try not to worry about it, if a Uni has said they'll only take you from like AAB, they'll more than likely be a bit flexible :)

GOOD LUCK!!
    I'm getting my AS results on thursay, I'm really nervous now because I have no idea what to expect!
    You'll be fine!

A levels are piss easy!
    I'm getting annoyed because I'm so fed up of waiting! I just want to know how I've done because the longer it takes the lower my confidence drops :(

Is anyone daring to look on UCAS before they collect the results to see if it says you have got into uni? I'm not sure what to do!
    Yeah I'm picking my A level results up on Thursday.
    Not overly fussed, I mean what's done is done... they're not going to change by me worrying about them are they?

I'm not going to go on UCAS until I've got my results... I'm taking a gap year so Uni still seems ages away, I don't have to worry about getting a loan or housing or anything yet.

Even if you don't get the exact results you need, if you ring up the Uni, you still have a good chance of getting in. :) Otherwise you can apply somewhere else, loads of people do this.

Don't worry about it people and good luck! :thumb:

I'm just looking forward to the celebration piss up on Thursday night.... EVERYONE will be out, including lots of drunk girls. ;):naughty:
    pill 'ed wrote: »

I'm just looking forward to the celebration piss up on Thursday night.... EVERYONE will be out, including lots of drunk girls. ;):naughty:

I have to work :crying:
    squeal wrote: »

Aww thats sucks!

Fuck that, phone in sick!
    Go on....you know you want to! :p

Pft fuck that idea right off! :shocking:

You 'cant not' go out for ya a-level results, its like, tradition! Its probably the last time you'll ever see everyone together an all.

You cant take one day off in a year to celebrate passing your A-levels? The worlds just about to open up for you! its worth celebrating!
    I know :( it's a bit late now though, I'll be alreet, there won't be anyone much I will miss anyway.

:hyper:
    MancDan wrote: »
    A levels are piss easy!

thanks for that :rolleyes:
    MancDan wrote: »
    You'll be fine!

A levels are piss easy!

not really.
    And that's this Thursday? Hmm, might venture out. :p Actually, it's someone from work's leaving do, so I'll be out anyway.

Oh, and I actually thought the A-Levels were the hardest exams I did. Harder than a degree, but it's mainly because we were the first year to do the whole AS/A2 thing, and it wasn't organised very well.
    Oh, and I actually thought the A-Levels were the hardest exams I did. Harder than a degree, but it's mainly because we were the first year to do the whole AS/A2 thing, and it wasn't organised very well.

Yeah I always got told they were the hardest exams you will ever sit. I have to agree, Uni exams are relatively piss easy, I have always passed with next to nothing revision.
    nicolalou wrote: »
    Yeah I always got told they were the hardest exams you will ever sit. I have to agree, Uni exams are relatively piss easy, I have always passed with next to nothing revision.

I was told that also because at uni you know what you will tested on or something so it's easier to revise for, you don't have to learn everything like you do for A Levels.

doesn't really make much sense though
    Ballerina wrote: »
    doesn't really make much sense though

I know that's what I thought, the whole point is to take on something harder otherwise anyone could do it :confused:
    Uni, for my degree at least, was more about just knowing what you're talking about. As long as you know what the arguments are, and can formulate a pretty good argument yourself, then you do fine. Or you can spend ages revising, and the only additional thing you've really learned is which writers put forward which arguments (which you usually already know from writing your essays).
    I know that's what I thought, the whole point is to take on something harder otherwise anyone could do it :confused:

Oh it's harder in the sense of it's a higher level, but in terms of the sheer workload, it's not as bad.
    one of my friends said that her parents got 1st degrees because their tutors also wrote the exam papers, so they can direct you to what will come up even though they can't tell you what the questions will be
    one of my friends said that her parents got 1st degrees because their tutors also wrote the exam papers, so they can direct you to what will come up even though they can't tell you what the questions will be

With one of the subjects I did for AS (Law) for some modules, there were only 3 units so we pretty much knew what was going to come up. Apparantely, the same thing (topic) came up each year as well.

Yeah, you know pretty much what is coming up whereas I found at A Level I was revising everything.
    Uni is harder in the way there is a hell of a lot of independent work, but I find the exams much easier, especially things like orals because they are with the professors rather than an outside examiner which at AS and A Level, i found really intimidating
    your-babe wrote: »
    Anyone else absolutely bricking their A2 results? I'm getting mine, and I'll either be going to uni, or not! I don't want to even open the envolope I feel that nervous though. :nervous:

:yes: Absolutly crapping it. Ours come out on the college network at 6am, but I think I'll just wait till I go into college and get the envelope. I've never been so nervous about exam results, so much depends on it this time. I remember picking up my AS Level results last year, and seeing all the second years looking terrified and thinking they were over-reacting, but now I understand!

Lol I hardly did any revision for my A levels... well I did a bit, but nothing compared to what everyone else was doing!
    Might have been why I fucked up my AS's lol, but I feel more confident with my A2's.

Oh and IWS, yep it'll definately be worth going out, trust me! :naughty:
    What are you predicting you'll get Ed?
    I'm so tempted to look on ucas actually! Will be going out Thurs too, will need to get hammered either way!
    I'm so tempted to look on ucas actually! Will be going out Thurs too, will need to get hammered either way!

I know so am I. I wasn't sure whether to at first but now I'm getting more impatient so I may have to have a little look at midnight!

What do you need?
    only D's, so i have no idea why I'm panicking so much :(
    only D's, so i have no idea why I'm panicking so much :(

You should be fine then! Where are you hoping to go?
    Chichester, how about u?