Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Summer signings: how well has your team done?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote: »
    all that's left now is the likely sale of heinze for around £7m.

Shame really. I like Heinze and think that ignoring raw pace, he's better than Evra in every department. I thought he played really well in the two legs against Milan. Richardson is shite and should have gone a long time ago. That said, I wouldn't complain if he came to Southampton :D
  • Options
    all that's left now is the likely sale of heinze for around £7m.

I'll be gutted if that happens.

But hey, if he doesn't want to be there then he can fuck off, especially if he thinks that Liverpool is a option.
  • Options
    We signed Peter Thorne and Barry Conlon, and got Paul Heckingbottom on loan.

Oh.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote: »
    We signed Peter Thorne and Barry Conlon, and got Paul Heckingbottom on loan.

Oh.

Still three more players than we've signed!! :thumb: Our playing squad now is about 16!
  • Options
    John Parkin
    Richard Cresswell

And hopefully soon to sign...

Salif Diao
    Jonathon Fortune
    Osbourne (Loan)
    Wright
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    City have signed Bojinov. (sp)

God, if only half of our new signings adapt to the Premiership, we'll be shit hot this season. We've been buying some of the best players in Europe outside of the top teams. I'm getting rather excited.
  • Options
    Reports are saying that we've just signed Mark Bresciano for about £4m. Good signing by the looks of it. Now we just need a keeper since Weaver fucked off and Isaksson got injured again.

Oh and by the way, £9m for Craig Gordon? Proof that British players are a rip off it ever you needed it.
  • Options
    Paul Heckingbottom on loan.
    I work with his brother :)

Casper Ankergren (GK) - Brondby
    Leon Constantine - Port Vale
    Curtis Weston - Swindon
    Matt Heath - Given contract, signed short term deal last year from Coventry
    Dave Prutton - Southampton
    Rui Marques - Given new contract

Being a busy couple of days for Leeds, all these lads have done pre-season with us without contracts so they obviously want to play for the club which is good!!
  • Options

Oh and by the way, £9m for Craig Gordon? Proof that British players are a rip off it ever you needed it.

He's worth every single penny. Watch him every week like I have for the last few years, then come back and tell me he's not going to be the best Goalkeeper in the World.
  • Options

How many times have you seen him play?

He's the best keeper in Britain at the minute, he's got 15 years of goalkeeping left in him and he'd just started a long contract. The keeper is the most important position in the team, so go figure...
  • Options
    This is why he's Scotland's No. 1

Triple save against Sparta Prague in the CL

That triple save is the best bit of Goalkeeping I've ever, ever seen. And that is why he's worth £9M and at least 15 points a season.

Watching those made me want to cry. I can't believe we've lost him.
  • Options
    This is why he's Scotland's No. 1

Triple save against Sparta Prague in the CL

That triple save is the best bit of Goalkeeping I've ever, ever seen. And that is why he's worth £9M and at least 15 points a season.

Watching those made me want to cry. I can't believe we've lost him.

Thats one hell of a goalkeeper.
  • Options
    But more expensive than Petr Cech? Goalies are generally pretty cheap even when they're the best ('cept Buffon). Okay, want more proof that the prices of British players are insane at the moment? Look at the rest of Sunderland's signings.

Love the people criticising Sven for buying foreign though. Ignoring the fact that Man City have brought more young English players through than practically any other club, there's no way that we could've bought the talent we did for the money we did if we bought British. £8.5m for Reo Coker, or £8m for a regular starter and main creative force for the Brazil national team? No brainer for me. £5m for Richardson, or £4.7m for the player that beat Berbatov to Bulgarian player of the year? Sorry, the new TV deals mean that British players are a rip of imo, even if Craig Gordon is a quality keeper. Actually, we needed a keeper. Should've gone for him. :D
  • Options
    That triple save is the best bit of Goalkeeping I've ever, ever seen.

Meh, if he'd cleared it properly the first time, he wouldn't have had to save it twice more. ;)
  • Options
    United are buff this season. I'm going to watch us rip Reading to peices on Saturday. Hopefully.
  • Options
    Gordon is ridiculously talented and he's got age on his side. He has all the abilities to be one of the finest keepers in the world.
  • Options
    Gordon is ridiculously talented and he's got age on his side. He has all the abilities to be one of the finest keepers in the world.

Then the question has to be asked. What the fuck's he doing at Sunderland? Van Der Sar isn't exactly gonna last much longer, and neither is Jens Lehmann. Hell, even Paul Robinson had an average season last year, and we all know how Spurs like to collect players. Must want to be near the Scottish border. No offence Sunderland fans.

Who was in for him anyway? Wasn't it Sunderland and one other side?
  • Options
    Then the question has to be asked. What the fuck's he doing at Sunderland? Van Der Sar isn't exactly gonna last much longer, and neither is Jens Lehmann. Hell, even Paul Robinson had an average season last year, and we all know how Spurs like to collect players. Must want to be near the Scottish border. No offence Sunderland fans.

Who was in for him anyway? Wasn't it Sunderland and one other side?

Your lot were interested. Villa were aswell.

He's going to Sunderland because it gives him a few years experience in the Premiership, and none of the big 4 are looking for a keeper just now. He'll mesmerize the Premiership for a few years before getting his call up to the big time.

Distance is a factor aswell. Theoretically he wouldn't have to move.
  • Options
    I'd take him at United any day of the week, and United were definitely credited with an interest some months ago. But we already have VDS, Kuszczak and our own prodigy in Foster. Arsenal have been linked with him as well.

Sunderland is a good move for him, so he can establish himself in the league.
  • Options
    Alan Thomson and Tore Andre Flo have now signed contracts with Leeds, along with a few youngsters!! Thats 14 contracts since the transfer embargo was lifted!!
  • Options
    And you're telling me that something fishy hasn't gone on at Leeds?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    They are all players who were legally approached over the pre-season, many with no other contracts even went on pre-season training and tour to Germany with the team.

Now we are out of administration we can legally sign them, which is what we've done.
  • Options
    We also have Kyle Nix, and Scott Phelan, a youth from Everton, plus a couple of loan from Barnsley, one of them Nathan Joynes, who seems quite promising.
  • Options
    Get your facts right before you spout your anti-Leeds bullshit!! Like JST said, most of these players were with us last season, we've just being unable to offer them contracts due this share not being granted!!

Andrew Hughes is the latest signing, from Norwich
  • Options
    News just in: Man U signs Argentinian striker shocker!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6935741.stm

Well I never saw that coming.

Good signing for United, it must be said. They have a fucking formidable attack force.

Incidentally, is it me or does Tevez look like a hybrid clone of Maradona and Rudd van Nistelrooy in that picture? :D
  • Options
    Rafa Benitez has been caught 'tapping up' John O'Shea.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41103000/jpg/_41103661_paddy1_203c4.jpg
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    United are buff this season. I'm going to watch us rip Reading to peices on Saturday. Hopefully.
    Oh dear :p
    Was a very poor game, got to give Reading credit though, they man-marked the front three and made it very difficult for Man U to play!!

Chelsea looked good, best I've seen SWP's play aswell, he seems to be getting better!!

Thought it was gonna be same old Arsenal but they managed to get the goals they deserved in the end!!

Think its going to be an interesting season in the premiership, I'm just hoping its more than a 2 horse race, hope Liverpool and Arsenal make a better challenge of it than they did last year!!