Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interior Design

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've been considering the possibilty of studying Interior Design. But I'm having problems finding out what the best option for me is - because there are loads of different courses around.

I've not got A-levels so Uni isn't an option for me - unless I wait until I'm 21 and go as a mature student, but I'm not sure how that works really and if I'd need to have stuff to show them re art abilities and stuff.
I'd really rather not have to wait 2 years though.

I know you can do a BTEC; but that would be full time and I wouldn't have any money, which I need really.
I also know you can do home study; but I dunno if those courses are any good, and I'm not sure it would suit me.
Ideally I'd like some kind of work experience with it too, but I can't find anything about that either.

Just not sure what to do really, and I can't find the information I've been looking for anywhere. Just wondered if anyone has any helpful information really. :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    if you dont mind moving take a look at Southend College, they do a degree which is endorsed by Essex Uni, that?s where my girlfriend is studying at the moment, im pretty sure if you dont have A levels they can take you if you show the ability
  • Options
    Can't answer your main question, but just to let you know that to be a mature student you have to be 25 or over! I'm 21 and starting my first year of my 3 year degree this september..... ;)

Ohh... and because Interior Design is an art based course (I assume) you'd probably be able to apply without A Levels as long as you have a portfolio of artwork that shows your ability in another form. Phone admissions or ask to speak to the tutor of the course you want to do, and explain to them your situation and see what they say!

Have a look at all your local colleges and uni's websites or do a search on www.UCAS.com for interior design courses.
  • Options
    Can't answer your main question, but just to let you know that to be a mature student you have to be 25 or over! I'm 21 and starting my first year of my 3 year degree this september..... ;)

I'm pretty sure it's 21 actually...
    The strict definition of a mature student is someone who starts a degree aged 21 or over.

Anyway, thanks for the replies both of you. I will continue researching into it. :)