Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cocaine Arrest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, one of my friends last night got arrested for apparently being caught on cctv snorting coke with his mate, they then pulled the taxi over what he was in on his way home, he was caught with white powder round his nose. this is his first ever police offence and they took him in and strip searched him, he was in nick for 40 mins and then sent on his way on bail. he then got slapped with a intent to supply charge. They found nothing on him or when they stripped searched him. He is looking at prison or a slap on a wrist or what? i been asked to ask on here cause he is worried to death that he is going to be doing time and he reckons he does time he is gonna do himself in. He fully co operated with the police aswell and answered all the questions that they gave him to answer.

please may someone help on here, hes going out his mind!
Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If they didnt find any cocaine on him, I find it very hard to believe the police are looking to charge him with intent to supply.

If there was cocaine around his nose, he may want to admit using a small amount that night, and accept a caution or whatever.

I very much doubt he would recieve a custodial sentence for using; supplying on the other hand :yes:

But going back, unless the police found a quantity on coke on him, its going to be difficult to prove he was supplying.

Get a good lawyer is my advice, and stick to the story the cocaine was for his own personal use, and he in no way intended to supply.

Good luck

:thumb:
    I thought if they had found gear around his nose they would haven waited until the morning before interviewing because he would have been seen as 'under the influence'.

Also if they have charged him with intedning to supply they must have more on him than ching around the nose.
    he admitted to using a bit on the night out and it was for personal use and that he was never intending to supply it, the police reckon they can supply charge stick because he gave his friend a line, the only thing that dont add up is they more aless was in, interview, out, told to answer bail in a months time. He definatly aint looking at a Jail sentence then??
    SexyLove wrote: »
    he admitted to using a bit on the night out and it was for personal use and that he was never intending to supply it, the police reckon they can supply charge stick because he gave his friend a line, the only thing that dont add up is they more aless was in, interview, out, told to answer bail in a months time. He definatly aint looking at a Jail sentence then??

I wouldnt think so. Make sure he gets good legal representation to ensure the police cant make the charge of intent to supply stick. Supplying does come with a prison sentence.

But let the police prove his intent to supply. Without finding a haul on his person I think they are barking up the wrong tree.

There is a certain quanity of coke which needs to be found before the police can look at intending to supply. One line certainly wouldnt indicate intent to supply imo.

:thumb:
    Did they actually test the shit round his nose to see what it was, or assume it was coke?

If not, being seen snorting an unidentified white powder on camera is inconclusive - it could have been anything. Even if the judge isn't stupid enough to believe he was snorting talcum (like the squaddies who filmed themselves doing it, or whatever they were snorting), he could at least say it was something lower class like ketamine, thereby lessening the severity of the supply charge if they manage to make it stick.
    DC85 wrote: »
    I thought if they had found gear around his nose they would haven waited until the morning before interviewing because he would have been seen as 'under the influence'.

Nah, when my mate got nicked with 200 pills, he was off his head on about 8 with another 3 to kick in and they cuffed him there and then, took him to the cell, interviewed him and everything... he doesn't even remember what he told them.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Nah, when my mate got nicked with 200 pills, he was off his head on about 8 with another 3 to kick in and they cuffed him there and then, took him to the cell, interviewed him and everything... he doesn't even remember what he told them.

Im sure thats not allowed, unless he told then he was straight.
    DC85 wrote: »
    Im sure thats not allowed, unless he told then he was straight.

It was so obvious he was out of it.

It probably isn't allowed, these pigs were dodgy...he was set up.
    what happened to your mate buddy?
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    It was so obvious he was out of it.

It probably isn't allowed, these pigs were dodgy...he was set up.

Ah right, yeh im sure it isn't but it doesnt surprise me tbh...especially if he was set up like.
    SexyLove wrote: »
    what happened to your mate buddy?

I dunno man, this happened last summer and he still hasn't gone to prison.
    His court cases just keep going on and on, he still isn't allowed to leave the country.
    To be honest I just don't think they've got enough room in the prisons for offences like this.
    He should have denied it, said it was caffiene tablets crushed up, they have nothing on him really.

He should call www.release.org.uk they will give him good legal advice, if he's in the UK I dont see why he shouldnt walk with a caution, though if he'd denied all they had nothing and no charges would have stuck.
    yea it was a bit silly admitting anything, don't tell the bastards shit, deny deny deny! they had absolutely fuck all on him whatsoever, a bit of powder around your nose means fuck all

if i was him id deny it, say i was under the influence of alcohol at the time and either felt intimidated or cant remember saying what was said

id be surpised if they have enough to do him with possession nevermind intent! :no:
    They have to prove it was cocaine. Which they can't do.
    did they really not even attempt to get him to take a test when they didn't find anything? I find that strange, CPS must LOVE them, even then all they've got is past possession, which absolutely will not get to court.

How in the world did they charge him with intent to supply on that evidence? All i can think, baring in mind what you said about him being super co-operative and answering all questions, was that they thought he might inadvertantly grass himself or others higher up the chain up if they leaned on him.
    How in the world did they charge him with intent to supply on that evidence? All i can think, baring in mind what you said about him being super co-operative and answering all questions, was that they thought he might inadvertantly grass himself or others higher up the chain up if they leaned on him.

Which is exactly why you should have a lawyer with you when your questioned.
    I've just quickly skimmed through as I'm at work but you can get done for supply even just giving your mate a line!! Its unusual obviously as how would it ever be seen but if hes being caught on CCTV giving his mate a line then it is possible to get done for supply!!

My mate in our last year at school got caught by police passing two's on a spliff to someone, he got done for supply, granted he just got sent to unit51 which is drugs counselling but he still got charged!!
    I've just quickly skimmed through as I'm at work but you can get done for supply even just giving your mate a line!! Its unusual obviously as how would it ever be seen but if hes being caught on CCTV giving his mate a line then it is possible to get done for supply!!

Of course, which is another aspect of the drug laws which makes no sense what so ever, I would say that 99% of people who have used drugs have at some point 'supplied' them to someone else be it passing a spliff or a pill or sharing a gram with a mate.

They have to prove it was an illegal drug.