Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

NI Number Card Replacement - Form Question

I've lost my NI card and need a replacement adn got a form from the job centre. One of the questions on the form is to do with previous addresses. But how far am I meant to go back to? The house I currently live in, I've lived in for about 12 years.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For everything I've filled in, it's been the last 10 years. Are there any notes that come with the form?
    No. I just got the form and there was notes on the front; and they said things like 'you are only entitled to one replacement' and that if I only want to confirm my number, then I don't need to fill the form in, but call the inland revenue.
    I think you would be fine just listing the one where you have lived for 12 years. I assume that your parents have claimed child benefit for you at that address?? It's all interlinked with your national insurance number you see :)

I lost my NI card about 10 years ago now and never replaced it :blush:
    Thanks. They were/are claiming benefit (child) for me whilst I've lived here.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I lost my NI card about 10 years ago now and never replaced it :blush:

Yeah, me too. I know my number off by heart and have P45s etc so I have proof of it so ain't that fussed about it.