Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Two girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never had this issue before, so apologies if it seems trivial.

I started dating girl #1 a few weeks ago, we've been out three times, and really do get on and have a great time. She's away at the moment but back in a week, so hopefully we'll meet up again then.

Girl #2 was someone I was going to meet before girl #1, but she decided not to and got with someone else. Now girl #2 is available again, and contacted me out of the blue at the weekend, and I find myself arranging to meet her tonight at mine (although she doesn't know where that is).

Laugh if you wish :) but I sound like a right cheat, and I never thought I was that sort of guy. Okay, so with the first girl it hasn't got serious, but we both want to see more of each other, yet I'm also tempted by the offer from the second girl. I guess I thought I was better than that.

Of course, i could still back out of it, but I dont think I want to. But it's also unfair to practically cheat, so aside from cutting my balls off, I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    First of all, don't cut your balls off!
    I don't think you should meet girl number 2. It sounds to me like you are kind of "second best" to her...I don't know anything about your situation but if a guy had turned me down because he got a better offer and then came back when that didn't work out - and in the meantime I'd met and dated someone I really liked and wanted to see more of - I'd be quite happy to tell the first bloke "sorry, but you missed your chance".
  • Options
    Thanks, I was only joking about cutting off my balls :)

This is what I don't understand - if I am second best, which by the looks of it I am, why am I interested in seeing her, especially given that the first girl I'm dating is really nice and everything, and I can be myself with her.

I just don't really understand why I am even considering seeing the second girl - I don't expect to get an answer from here, I'm just confused to be honest.
  • Options
    Mac Sami wrote: »
    I just don't really understand why I am even considering seeing the second girl - I don't expect to get an answer from here, I'm just confused to be honest.
    because life is full of temptations. its up to you which ones you act on.
    if you're happy atm with girl #1 - why jepodize it?
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    because life is full of temptations. its up to you which ones you act on.
    if you're happy atm with girl #1 - why jepodize it?

Absolutely right. Except that girl #1 earlier, out of the blue, has turned round and said that she doesn't think she's over her ex, that it's unfair to keep seeing me when she feels like this blah blah.

Up until that point, I had decided to give #2 a miss. I'm still thinking of giving it a miss, but more delaying it - but then I don't want to mess #2 around, in pretty much the fashion that it appears I'm about to be messed around by #1 unless I put a stop to it.

And there was me moaning about being single the other week :yippe:
  • Options
    And there was me moaning about being single the other week :yippe:
    lol
  • Options
    Of course, if I was more objective and looked at all of this, I would run a mile from both of them and be done with it, seeing as #1 clearly isn't over the past, and #2 sees me as second best.
  • Options
    but if #1 isn't over her ex... she sees you as 2nd best.
    from what you said at the beginning girl #2 doesn't see you as 2nd best... just took up a different opportunity which led to her getting another bf but is now single again...
  • Options
    Good point. StupidGirl suggested though that #2 sees me as second best, having initially spoken with me and we were going to meet but then she went for someone else, is now single and so is in contact with me again. But I guess #1 could have also seen me as second best, although without giving too many details away, she's not going to be running into her ex's arms or anything like that (I'm usually wrong about this stuff, but I'm fairly certain about that). So I'm not so sure if I was second best, rather she enjoyed it with me but something has happened that's made her want to rethink.

Never mind. Think I'll stick to taking it easy for a while :)
  • Options
    :no:

Well, I made a huge mistake last night and did something for the first time (don't worry, precautions were taken!). Kinda wishing I hadn't now :crying: Guess I'll just learn from it all.

:no:
  • Options
    Oh no, what happened? Whatever it is try not to beat yourself up about it too much...mistakes happen for a reason I reckon (and learning from them is the most important part)
  • Options
    I met girl #2, we went to mine, got close, ended up spending the night together and had sex. It was the first time for me, and I thought I would sorta save it for the right person. We used protection and all, so nothing to worry about on that front - I just feel really shit now, but it's my own fault I know.
  • Options
    :( I can understand why you feel shit but these things happen and you just have to deal with them as they come up. You're going to have to think hard about what to do about girl #1 now. Do you still want to see her, or are you going to try and make a go of things with girl #2?
  • Options
    Girl #1 says she isn't ready for a relationship, something to do with her ex. And even if she does eventually want to be with me, I've got one huge confession to make which will probably screw things up anyway.

Girl #2 is ready for a relationship, but after last night, I don't think I want to be with her. That sounds horrible I know, but at the time it seemed okay, but now looking back I regret it.

To be honest, right now I just want to be away from it all. I'm seriously such a twat for throwing everything away in one night.
  • Options
    Girl #1 says she isn't ready for a relationship, something to do with her ex. And even if she does eventually want to be with me, I've got one huge confession to make which will probably screw things up anyway.

Girl #2 is ready for a relationship, but after last night, I don't think I want to be with her. That sounds horrible I know, but at the time it seemed okay, but now looking back I regret it.

To be honest, right now I just want to be away from it all. I'm seriously such a twat for throwing everything away in one night.

What have you thrown away?

In my view, if you've only been on a few dates with someone, and haven't spoke about being exclusive, it's fair game really... A lot of people see a few people (but keep it quiet), then after a few weeks/months, stick with one.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    What have you thrown away?

In my view, if you've only been on a few dates with someone, and haven't spoke about being exclusive, it's fair game really... A lot of people see a few people (but keep it quiet), then after a few weeks/months, stick with one.

I could probably convince myself that seeing a few people on the quiet until sticking with one is fair game.

But I went and slept with one, the first time I met her, and lost the L plates (excuse the way of putting it!). And that's sort of troubling me more, although what's done is done. It now feels like a mistake, and I feel awful for doing it.
  • Options
    Well, I should have really listened to the advice on here before :) it seems I was second best to both of them.

Thanks for the help anyway guys, much appreciated :)
  • Options
    I have this problem all the time, i dont have anyone for ages, then i get two and i have to chose. Just try to get to know them both and go with what your gut tells you.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote: »
    I have this problem all the time, i dont have anyone for ages, then i get two and i have to chose. Just try to get to know them both and go with what your gut tells you.

Cheers, I should have gone with what my gut tells me on one of them, but didn't really spot that the other was using me as second best until her ex came into the conversation...
  • Options
    So what happened then?