Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

is it too late?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have realised that the person i'm meant to be with has been my friend since i was 16.
I know he used to like me, but then he went off to uni and things change.

But i dont know what to do now, if he doesnt feel the same and i say something, it'll make it weird.

i cant stop thinking about him, he's on holiday and i feel like he's been gone for months :(

help me :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if he doesnt feel the same and i say something, it'll make it weird.

He might feel the same. You never know until you say something.
    You will regret it if you dont say anything, especially if you still feel the same when he has a new girlfriend...

Find out how he feels when your drunk, then you can blame it on the drink if he doesnt feel the same!
    Blah wrote: »
    Find out how he feels when your drunk, then you can blame it on the drink if he doesnt feel the same!

:lol:
    It's up to yourself really, if you think it could fuck up the friendship then think very carefully.

But I'd give it a go. I wouldn't just come out with a bombshell though, cause if he's taken by surprise then it's bound to be so awkward.

Try and be subtle about it at first and if you're picking up the right vibes then have a word.

Good luck with it anyway :)
    Flirt with him, see how he responds
    If he liked you before he can like you in that way again, just flirt with him and take it easy. Gooood luck.
    thanx guys :) i think i will have to go out with him when he gets back from holiday, both get drunk and then see wat happens....

im just worried that we would never be able to cross the border from just friends to more....but the drunkness could solve that i guess!

i really like him, this is hard cos i dont want to lose him all together!
    You may not lose him as a friend. He might just tell you that he doesn't feel the same way and that's it or he could tell you that he does feel the same way and you two may end up together.
    my mum said today that she is sure he and i will end up together (and i hadnt even told her how i feel!)
    The whole friends thing is tough and I've lost a friend by wanting more but I think you gotta go for it.

Hope it works out perfectly for you though.
    Personally I'd give it a go. If he used to like you then there's a very high probability that he still likes you. People's feelings don't change that rapidly. :)
    As others have said, try getting pissed up with him, it always makes things easier.
    I think you're on to something, good luck. :) :thumb:
    at christmas i'd broken up with me (then) boyfriend. and we hung out more than usual and he told me that he's always thought there was something special between us. but i dont know if he then got scared or changed his mind or what, but he told me that he wasnt sure what he wanted and in the end, i ended up getting back with my boyfriend.

but since finishing with my boyfriend a month ago i am findin myself more and more often thinking of my friend
    i really want to text him and tell him i cant stop thinkin about him :(
    Wait until he's back
    Either wait till he is back or drop him a casual friendly text something along the lines of "hope you are having a good holiday, would you like to catch up and have a night out/go for pizza etc when you are back"

If he is a really good friend he won't think thats odd and also if he is thinking of you and missing you then it might be the oppertunity he has been waiting for to text and arrange something.
    drop him a casual friendly text something along the lines of "hope you are having a good holiday, would you like to catch up and have a night out/go for pizza etc when you are back"

thats what i did, no reply yet but i know it hasnt delivered so its ok, he should be home today
    Do it. Good luck. I like a happy ending... ;)
    Yeah, go for it gal!

The pesimist in me says: it's better to regret the things you've done than the things you haven't
    The optimist in me says: what guy turns a girl down? c'mon... :p
    i got a text from him last night, he's not coming back till next saturday, i'd heard him wrong before :( he said he thought i sounded down. so i text backing saying i was fine but wanted to talk to him about something when he got home. so atleast he knows now that i need to speak to him
    2 years ago I was in exactly the same situation. I'd been friends with this guy for 2 years. I'd always kinda liked him but I'd always had a boyfriend, so I always thought of it as more of a crush. None the less we were really good mates. Anywho we lost contact for a year but he happened to text me his new number one day so we arranged to go for a drink. I was single by then and the night was fantastic. But by the time I got home my head was in a massive mess. I realised I really really liked him...and I was drunk...and he was on MSN...so I made the mistake of blurting out my feelings! Turns out he'd felt exactly the same for 4 years as well... we've been together 2 years, we're still best friends, but now I get great sex and cuddles :) Go for it Chell, it might just be the best descion you ever make. I know mine was:yes:
    aleox wrote: »
    2 years ago I was in exactly the same situation. I'd been friends with this guy for 2 years. I'd always kinda liked him but I'd always had a boyfriend, so I always thought of it as more of a crush. None the less we were really good mates. Anywho we lost contact for a year but he happened to text me his new number one day so we arranged to go for a drink. I was single by then and the night was fantastic. But by the time I got home my head was in a massive mess. I realised I really really liked him...and I was drunk...and he was on MSN...so I made the mistake of blurting out my feelings! Turns out he'd felt exactly the same for 4 years as well... we've been together 2 years, we're still best friends, but now I get great sex and cuddles :) Go for it Chell, it might just be the best descion you ever make. I know mine was:yes:

Awww. That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside haha... :thumb:
    I'd say go for it but just tread carefully and don't rush into things. There's a friendship at stake after all. I'd say the chances are he liked you but decided to move on because he thought maybe there would never be anything in it because you never showed any signs of liking him before? Unrequited love is a shite thing so maybe he backed off because of this, plus he probably was worried whether the boyfriend was back in the equation.
    ok so....i told him! he feels the same!

spent some time with him though nothing has happened yet but we are going properly out on friday nite so fingers crossed!!
    ok so....i told him! he feels the same!

spent some time with him though nothing has happened yet but we are going properly out on friday nite so fingers crossed!!

:hyper: :heart: :flirt:

Thats brilliant.
    RaggyDoll wrote: »
    :hyper: :heart: :flirt:

Thats brilliant.

im so pleased too!

i have to admit that i chickend out with telling him to his face and i text him lol!
    he didnt say anything about it but then that nite we went out, we sat in my car talking untill 1am and i could feel something between us. then when i got home i text him and said 'i will probably regret asking this but do you think anything could happen between us?' and he replied 'i think so, you've changed and i like it! i really wanted to kiss you' :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

(since i broke up with my ex i am a totally differnt person, im out going, bubbly, more confident and i think more fun!)
    aww that's good, i hope it works out. :)
    Hey, that's awesome! Best of luck..! :thumb:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Well done you!
    thank you everyone for the 'well done's!!!

im SO happy :) i hope that the alcohol of friday night helps ease the transistion from friends to more than friends!
    So it was a good night then;)

I'm glad to hear it, friendships where you both fancy each other make the best relationships. I'm married to my best friend and its wonderful!