Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Adderall vs. Adderall XR

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I doubt many here have taken both, but those that have (I'm talking to you killbiz ;)) which do you think is better? I usually mix, so I can't be sure, but from my experiance, XR seems to be less body buzz and more euphoria. Everyone says XR is stronger, but I think it's about the same myself; better pleasant headrushes and a bit more giggly though, so it does woprk better as a social drug. Then again, because it has a weaker body buzz some could view it as weaker I suppose. As far as longevity is concerened, it's hard to say, but I think standard Adderall has a slight advantage. I don't think there is ageneric XR version, but with the generic amphetamine and actual "Adderall" name brand there is a huge difference. Generic is about equal as I said, but name brand is noticeably stronger, works faster, lasts longer, and has feather-soft comedowns. Too bad doctors rarely prescribe the name-brand anymore though...*sniff* it used to be so easy. :crying: XR gives bad sore throats I noticed though, so DRINK LOTS OF FREAKING WATER or yo0u will siuffer immeasurably! Ah yes, and XR comes in a cap, in bead form, not powder, so its not nearly as smooth for snorting. Adderall on the other hand is like butter! :yippe: So, which do I love more?...gotta give my love to the standard Adderall. Ah, Adderall, how I love you so! You stay with me all day and night, never leaving my side, and when it is time, let me down gently...without a sore throat.

So, other opinions on these delectable forms of speed?

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This is why you shouldn't post under the influence.....
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    This is why you shouldn't post under the influence.....

:lol:

*imagines pusher_collector reading that all very fast in a high pitched voice*
  • Options
    Adderall XR is just the prolonged-release version of Adderall, so they could be the same strength but the XR is designed to deliver the dose steadily throughout the day instead of in one go.
  • Options
    As said before, Adderall is an eXtended Release of Adderall. It's the same stuff chemically (l-amp salts and d-amp salts 50-50) but does sort of effect differently. For recreational purposes, and taken orally, Adderall XR is a little much. I find the effects hit high at first like a normal amphetamine dose, slowly drift away, pop back up a few hours later and then drift away again. I've found the comedown to be worse after popping a bunch of XR's.

Adderall XR is generally easier to deal with if powdered - less fillers, more amp! but the second you crush it (if you can) you destroy the time release.

I've never noticed the difference between generic amphetamine salts and Adderall name brand...

I like XR crushed for snuffing (crushed..), but the normal adderall for oral use.

Edit: Favorite - Dexedrine w/ crude extraction
    easy, quick, powerful, couldn't ask for more!
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    :lol:

*imagines pusher_collector reading that all very fast in a high pitched voice*

chortle chortle
  • Options
    Edit: Favorite - Dexedrine w/ crude extraction
    easy, quick, powerful, couldn't ask for more!

Dude, is Dexedrine that stuff that's like a step above Adderall? I had someone describe some pills as "a step above Adderall" and they were in really low doses like 5 mg, but this shit was like CHRONIC speed! This shit hit you after like 3 mg when snorting! Any idea what it is?
  • Options
    Dexedrine and Adderall- aint they both just brands of dextroamphetamine sulfate?
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Dexedrine and Adderall- aint they both just brands of dextroamphetamine sulfate?
    No.

Adderall is a combination of two amphetamine isomers in two different salt forms.
    It's composition is:
    25% (Levo)amphetamine Aspartate
    25% (Levo)amphetamine Sulfate
    25% Dextroamphetamine Saccharate
    25% Dextroamphetamine Sulfate

Dexedrine is 100% Dextroampetamine Sulfate.

Dextroamphetamine is more potent, i think twice as potent, than l-amphetamine.

So Pusher, yes, I find dexedrine to be a "step above" adderall - though I've never heard of 3mgs snuffed to cause anything.. Though my tolerance was ridiculous when i used. So i'm not sure if d-amp is the "chronic speed".
    Dexedrine only comes in 5mg tablets, though there are XR versions that go up to 20mgs i think.
    The only thing I can think of is Desoxyn -- D-Methamphetamine, which comes in 5mg-15mg tablets I think.
  • Options
    No.

Adderall is a combination of two amphetamine isomers in two different salt forms.
    It's composition is:
    25% (Levo)amphetamine Aspartate
    25% (Levo)amphetamine Sulfate
    25% Dextroamphetamine Saccharate
    25% Dextroamphetamine Sulfate

Dexedrine is 100% Dextroampetamine Sulfate.

Dextroamphetamine is more potent, i think twice as potent, than l-amphetamine.

So Pusher, yes, I find dexedrine to be a "step above" adderall - though I've never heard of 3mgs snuffed to cause anything.. Though my tolerance was ridiculous when i used. So i'm not sure if d-amp is the "chronic speed".
    Dexedrine only comes in 5mg tablets, though there are XR versions that go up to 20mgs i think.
    The only thing I can think of is Desoxyn -- D-Methamphetamine, which comes in 5mg-15mg tablets I think.

Thanks for the answer. :yippie: *soaks up precious pill knowledge for future reference*
  • Options
    desoxyn

How do people even get prescribed desoxyn these days? seems pretty impossible.....thoughts?
  • Options
    Hardly anyone even gets prescribed dexies anymore, so I doubt you could get a desoxyn script. You might get it privately I suppose.