Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is this true?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone told me a few years ago that if you take 3 or more acid tabs in your lifetime then you can be labled as clinically insane...is this true?
I personally don't think that it is but am bored and curious..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IIRC, it's some lame urban myth thing that (I think) started from the US army 'round about the time of Vietnam. Rumour had it, you wouldn't be allowed into the army if you'd taken that many.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    IIRC, it's some lame urban myth thing that (I think) started from the US army 'round about the time of Vietnam. Rumour had it, you wouldn't be allowed into the army if you'd taken that many.

oh right. well the guy that told me is a bit screwed up so some things are relatively true and others a bit dodgy. this one is the latter methinks. :chin:
    Load of shite.
    That one was doing the rounds in the 80's!
    No, it's true. And LSD also leaves crystals in your spine that release themselves when you're driving or near children that turn you into a very nasty dangerous person.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    No, it's true. And LSD also leaves crystals in your spine that release themselves when you're driving or near children that turn you into a very nasty dangerous person.

:yes: And apparantly it can make you think you're a tree so that you stand in your garden all day with your arms spread.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :yes: And apparantly it can make you think you're a tree so that you stand in your garden all day with your arms spread.

And also that you can fly. From buildings.
    *walks away...*
    Nutter wrote: »
    *walks away...*

:lol:
    Well some people on the first time have had quite bad trips, which leave them mentally damaged with big anxiety problems etc. It is rare but some people never recover
    Jonny8888 wrote: »
    Well some people on the first time have had quite bad trips, which leave them mentally damaged with big anxiety problems etc. It is rare but some people never recover

oh...you see now that makes more sense...
    just call me crazy then!
    Yo, crazy lady!
    thats what I was thinking.

However I do have a couple of friends who've totally fucked their heads from taking too much acid - err but they to wayyyy more than 3. But i also think that if you have just one really bad one that can seriously screw you as well.
    well i must say it has certainly put me off them! have bad enough anxiety at times without doing that and making it worse!
    Wyetry wrote: »
    if you have just one really bad one that can seriously screw you as well.

:yes: if you're pretty fucked anyway. i wouldn't recommend taking LSD if you've already got head problems a lot of it comes down to your mental state about how you'll be affected. bad trips can be fucking awful but are quite rare, and the likelihood of being head fucked forever after taking LSD and having one bad trip is i'd say, very unlikely indeed.
    I know of one person who was comitted for a brief period due to acid-induced insanity, but to be fair I don't think it wasn't the 3 tabs that did it, but the 27 he took afterwards.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    In this context, I just came across an interesting article on Erowid titled Ground Control, a
    review of the fundamental principles of set, setting and
    dose, and basic protocols and considerations related to acting as a
    sitter during a psychedelic trip.
    It is just one persons opinion, and shouldn't be taken as gospel, but is interesting nonetheless.
    Set and setting includes the setting of your own mindset at the time, and how well you feel mentally at whatever point.
    Set and setting includes the setting of your own mindset at the time, and how well you feel mentally at whatever point.

Of course it does, thats the meaning of set and setting.
    I've had one really bad acid trip (as many people know) and will never go near it again. I have the occasional flashback in nightmares, but it's rare, and I've learnt to realise it's a nightmare and wake myself up. It hasn't affected me in any other way.

not the be all end all of having a good trip though.

the time i had a bad trip, i was with my closest friends, and i'd just finished my exams, so i was in a massively positive mindset. acid can do you over, no matter what the situation is.