Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

For people Who Buy DVD Movies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've only ever bought one DVD Movie (did used to rent DVD's by post as well as get free DVD rentals from my Gym) .. but only ever bought once, unless it came free with a Newspaper or something.

But I know lots of people buy loads of DVD's box sets, TV series on DVD, Movies, etc

What I wanna know is -

A) What do you buy (individual movies or boxed sets)

B) How often do you actually watch the same DVD more then once?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I go through stages where i'll buy loads of dvds from ebay on the cheap (99p + postage jobby).
    Normally buy individual movies but thats not to say i wouldnt buy a box set, just normally when box sets come out ive either bought the films individually as they were released or downloaded the whole series (if its a tv show).
    As for watching more than once, depends what it is...if i really like the film i'll watch it quite a bit if i dont i'll probably just watch it once.
    I don't really buy films on DVD, last one was World Trade Centre from Amazon and it was crap so I might aswell just download. Tend to watch the same seven or eight films all the time, so they're all on the PC.

I'll normally buy boxsets of TV stuff months after it comes out, so I can watch it all in my own time and not worry about missing an episode or that. Usually watch my five series Cold Feet boxset start to finish every other month or so, haha.
    i normally buy individual movies, most of the time theres offers on certain ones like 2 for a tenner etc so if i see something i like, not much money lost if its crap
    I have plenty that I haven't even watched once yet. They're good to have for those times when you're off work sick, or just have a couple of hours to kill. Plus most of them were £3 to £5, which is roughly the same price as renting a new film (and I refuse to rent older films, after I rented 3 and not one made it to the end of the film without fucking up because of all the scratches on the disc). I don't usually spend more than that unless I like the director and know what to expect, or it's hard to get hold of.

I usually buy single films because, sad as it is, they look better on the shelf. I only really have boxed sets of series like Star Wars and Alien (and Beverley Hills Cop :D). Boxed sets aren't usually any cheaper ime anyway.
    Me and my boyfriend have loads of DVDs, he buys them when they are cheap. I find that I don't usually watch new films more than once or twice, but I watch my favourites lots. We have lots of series like family guy, king of the hill, shameless, red dwarf, black books, spaced and turtles (lol) which we'll happily watch time and time again. Its nice to have a collection and theyre so cheap that you can buy a new dvd for the price of rental and less than going to the cinema, and you get to watch it again and again.
    I normally only get 'em when they're on special, like during a mid-year or after christmas sale or whatever, and i usually only get films that i've already seen, much to my parents' displeasure. :P Ayup, i'm boring like that. :P