Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People from The Site

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i just realised.. are you front kent ?

The name would suggest so.... :hyper: It's where the cool people live :thumb:
    i just realised.. are you front kent ?

Born, raised and I plan to die here (although not too soon, natch)...

Man Of... indicates that I'm south of the Medway.
    The few people I have met from here have all been really nice and I have stayed in touch with a few for a long time :)

A couple of years ago I went to work on a summer camp in California and met a person from the site who lived there.

There are people who I would like to meet and think I would probably get on with. I'm just somewhat averse to the idea of meeting a big group of people I have never met before. One or two or a small group would be okay. I feel kind of old here these days anyway!
    If there were ever to be a Liverpool meet i'd probably pop round, but I don't think many people know me or speak to me on here so wouldn't be much point. But an excuse to get pissed though!

I dont think many people would want to go to Liverpool :p
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I dont think many people would want to go to Liverpool :p

Or Notts unless they wanna be shot ;)
    Calvin wrote: »
    Or Notts unless they wanna be shot ;)

Ha ... typical...
    I'm pretty easy to get on with and respect people, even if our opinions clash, but I probably wouldn't get on with a few. I'd like to meet SuzyCreamCheese as she seems lovely. :)

I've met some people from thesite before. The_Gerbil and Dr Pirate are cool, as are Trinity and Piccolo (who I shall hopefully be seeing soon?). I can't imagine getting on with everybody as very few people on thesite have interests even remotely similar to mine (to my knowledge)....

However I post on another messageboard for gay/bi/trans women and there tend to be a lot of environmental, feministy, animal rightsy types and some come across as very aggressive and unpleasent in defending their views. By which I mean that they cannot accept that you don't always want to be mega-PC and kiss the ass of minority groups whilst thinking it's OK to hate men (I have been called a 'racist' and also twice have been accused of defending 'rapists' because I defend men in feminist arguements... All living creatures are of equal worth to me). Lol seriously, some of these people seem to lurk around and find a post which can be twisted to make them look victimised, or to give them an opportunity to be aggressively self-righteous and I swear at the moment some of them follow me.

I hope that, despite having different ideas to other people that I don't come across as aggressive or nasty. :sour:
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Nope, I can't say there's many of you I'd like to meet. Doubtless the feeling is mutual in many cases.

i'm sure it would be when you say things like that :/
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'd like to meet any of you that can hold your drink :p

Aside from that, there is a certain poster from here I see FAR too much of ¬_¬
    oh yes and i would be friends with franki because i love her :heart:
    1983 wrote: »
    Probably about 3 people I'd tolerate and have a laugh with. One of them who no longer posts here I want to marry. :love: I have done since I was but a slip of a girl at 18!

;)

*fervently hopes it me innit*
    Yes, we would be perfect together :razz:

Clearly :) :razz:
    In all honesty it's a really really good place to go for a drink, there's so much to see and little cafes, shops, bars, theatres even.

I agree with Namaste because I believe it's true for this forum too that people take posts too seriously and will dislike a person just for a different perspective, I've been been held and accused of a view which i honestly don't have in the past and find a sentence even worded wrong will make people jump off their seats and become aggressive.

Don't you dare pull tounges at me little lady ;)

I agree with you some members are really quick to get all shitty if you make spelling mistakes (and i usually do !). I dont really take the site too seriously but i do like coming on here at work because there are some sound people to talk to and its good for advice.

and i will pull as many tongues as i like actually hehe :razz: :razz:
    In all honesty it's a really really good place to go for a drink, there's so much to see and little cafes, shops, bars, theatres even.

I agree, Liverpool is great, it's changed a lot in the last few years.
    ive never been to liverpool but a friend is going to uni there in september so ill hopefully go up and see her. its ment to be good for going out in
    I agree with you some members are really quick to get all shitty if you make spelling mistakes (and i usually do !)

Yeah that pisses me off when people get angry over spelling mistakes, it's like for fucks sake, give them a break.
    There's also quite alot of really righteous people on here who annoy me a bit.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yeah that pisses me off when people get angry over spelling mistakes, it's like for fucks sake, give them a break.
    There's also quite alot of really righteous people on here who annoy me a bit.

:yes:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I would quite like to meet a few people off of here who I think i could have a good argument with and them not get offended by it - plus a few others - mainly from the drugs forum - which is terrible because i mainly have an alchol problem these days rather than a drugs one!

Nearly all of the people I have met have been really lovely but special :heart: to Jakey, Dr Pirate, Koe& Bunny, Franki, Gav, Renzo, teh Gerbil, J, suzie and JST - i'm sure there are others but i cant' think of you all at ze moment.

awww...and thats me with the worlds worst hangover! We will have to meet up when I am normal, and can crack a smile!

I know there are a good few on here I would class as mates, and from those I aint met, I am pretty sure I would get on with in real life.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I'd like to meet any of you that can hold your drink :p

Aside from that, there is a certain poster from here I see FAR too much of ¬_¬

Its it me? :hyper:
    I agree with you some members are really quick to get all shitty if you make spelling mistakes (and i usually do !)

TBH, if I understand what someone is trying to say, then spelling mistakes don't bother me.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Renzo wrote: »
    Its it me? :hyper:
    No ;[
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    No ;[

You're right. Noone could see enough of me. ;D
    spiderpig, spiderpig...and lorna i want to marry you, yes.
    Liverpool's great, but I think Manc is better, just because of the entertainment value of Affleck's Palace and the mental deficients who go in there.

I wouldn't want to meet any of you scary internet people cos you're all cunts.
    Kermit wrote: »

:lol: Thank you!

:lol: POTW.

awww we love you too kermit. :D
    omg hi wrote: »
    oh yes and i would be friends with franki because i love her :heart:

:D:heart:

Love you Janey :heart::D
    katchika wrote: »
    Liverpool is great, it's changed a lot in the last few years.
    Fair enough, but that still doesn't mean I'd bring the car down. :p

What? Someone was bound to say it.