Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sugar vs sweetner in oatmeal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So. I'm attempting this oatmeal for breakfast thing, only the man bought the wrong kind, just plain oatmeal. I don't want to waste it, so I've decided to put the suffering aside and eat it. Now usually with plain oatmeal I'd add maple syrup, brown sugar and milk, but I'm eating this at work so I don't much feel like brining the whole kitchen with me so I've decided to eat it with just sugar. Now I'm not trying to cut calories, but I would like to avoid any unneeded empty calories. I find splenda doesn't taste completly crap, and I seem to need less of it than actual sugar. But you always hear bad horrible your-going-to-die things about artificial sweetners. So now I'm just confused at which is the better option. Or if anybody has any other options to add to it. (I tried fruit and that just isn't cuttin it :p) And I do eat it with so much milk its super runny, so probably not alot of things would work too well anyways.

Comments

• Options
    Strawberry jam :yum:
  • Options
    pinch of salt, couple of teaspoons of sugar and lots of milk :yum:

the only way to eat it.
  • Options
    Golden Syrup! Mmmmm :)

I personally would always choose sugar over sweeteners though, the less nasty chemicals you put into your body, the better, I think...
  • Options
    Dark brown sugar, it has more flavour so you need to use less of it, plus as its less refined its better for you than white sugar. Either that or honey which is even better for you still.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Definately brown suger.
    Weekender Offender