Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Studio Ghibli

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
All their DVDs are £4.99 or £5.99 on HMV and Play.com if anyone's interested. Don't usually spam, but I love these films, so I thought I'd share. I bought 3 last night. What's everyone's favourite? I've only seen Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away so far.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've watched most of the Studio Ghibli. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Laputa are some of my favourites. Joe Hisaishi's music is so amazing, it really makes the films.
    Watch Grave of the Fireflies is you feel like really depressing yourself. It's two Japanese kids life during the war against America.

The kiddy ones are really cool too like Kiki's Delivery Serves, The Cat Returns, My Neighbor Totoro (really cute).

I'm pissed. I got them all like 2 months ago for full flippin price and now they're all cheap. Bah.
    Haha. I did get Grave Of The Fireflies, but I ordered it off a Chinese website and ended up with the live action version by accident. I haven't watched it yet. Not the first time imdb has betrayed me when buying Japanese films.
    it is great, but its so sad :(

Not going to say anything that might be a spoiler, but from what I've read, it would be better to see the animated version first, then the live as they;re supposed to be quite different- like the live goes more in depth into certain characters.
    Have seen most of princess monoke, that was good. But I liked grave of the fireflies.
    thank you for this link!!

i have only got spirited away and howls moving castle, but they are both awesome. it's funny i see this tonight, as we've been to the cornerhouse in manchester (arthouse/indie film cinema) and there was an advert for a new one, and i thought to myself i really must get some more dvds.

end.