Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crack

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do find it amusing the amount of cokeheads who look at crack users in horror.
  • Options
    Sorry to sound really silly - ive never seen crack much less touched the stuff - my mate is the closest thing to finding out snippets of information about her use, but say if you buy £500 of the stuff, ain't that like bags full of rocks? Cos I really can't understand how someone could finish £500 worth of crack in a night or whatever.

Ballpointpen: How much did your addiction cost? How much was you taking?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »

Generally tho, Crack causes a lot more problems to the user than Coke does. I know not always, but generally.
  • Options

i find it amusing how many cokeheads look down on crackheads like the people i know in real life. some spend stupid money on charlie but frequently slag off people who spend money on crack. same drug really and they are both the same for doing it.
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    Generally tho, Crack causes a lot more problems to the user than Coke does. I know not always, but generally.

Does it? Or are there other factors involved?
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote: »
    Cos I really can't understand how someone could finish £500 worth of crack in a night or whatever.

Its a short lived pleasurable stimulant, you take a hit, go up, quickly start coming down so keep doing it. Its really the same way that people on a binge can sit and hover up gram after gram of cocaine.
  • Options
    At the end of the day, they are both the same drug and they are both addictive, expensive and potentially dangerous.
    Crack is more addictive, because of it's more intense hit and shorter lasting effects but if you stuck to smoking crack only once or twice a year but were doing coke every week, then it's obviously coke that you would have the problem with, instead of crack, even though technically you're still a crack user.
  • Options
    Then obviously you'd have a problem with crack.
    Although if you were smoking crack every week, which gives a more intense hit than regular cocaine, I don't see why'd you'd even bother snorting powder once or twice a year. It probably wouldn't even effect you that much.
  • Options
    If anything makes crack more addictive than cocaine salt it is the method of delivery - the faster something crosses into the brain and the faster it leaves normally the more addictive it is.
  • Options
    Does it? Or are there other factors involved?

How do you mean?

I know crack is looked at a lot worse because Coke seems to be socially acceptable to a lot of people. Which is bollocks , theres nothing glamorous about a coke habit. Yet in terms of being able to operate normally with either habit, i would say crack would be more problematic. Obviously, that depends on the level of useage, but IMO the level of usage is much more likely to spiral out of control faster with crack rather than powdered coke.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've never smoked it but I've been so tempted to.
    It's basically a smokeable form of Cocaine that's alot purer and therefore gives a much more intense hit but lasts like 15 minutes or something

15 minutes lol you must be joking. Try about 3 - 5 max. The HIT for most people is literally about the taking it in then breathing it out. Really wouldn't bother with it. I still do it now and again and its a complete waste. The stuff is made to make money. As for people saying its 'nearly as bad as skag' I'd say its worse. They are both definatley in the same league but I see so many people doing crack thinking its all cool cos 'at least Im not a smack head' they say.

Why do one without the other - to do crack without smack is like having a cup of tea without sugar.
  • Options
    to do crack without smack is like having a cup of tea without sugar.

Don't talk soft.
  • Options
    Most people who get into crack in a big way also get into smack. Good way to cope with feeling prang.

Snowballs (or speedballs) are very popular amongst hardcore users (IV crack and heroin).
  • Options
    hes weird when hes sober which is rare he like fiercly denys liking crack but when hes drunk he talks about it more