Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ketamine

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    steejans wrote:
    Over the duration of about 4 hours?On one line?With fluid intake at regular intervals?I'm not saying it was definitely the exact cause but blimey.... there arent any other factors I could see heh.

It may have just been a personal reaction then because I have never heard of any other ketamine user having that problem.
  • Options
    Hi, when I was first offered ket it came from a nurse who “borrowed” a bottle of liquid ketamin and had evaporated it so as to leave a clean white powder. I assume this was pharmaceutical grade as there were dosages etc. for humans on the bottle label. Maybe the animal stuff is not quite so pure? But more easily obtainable - just try breaking and entering a hospital pharmacy then try a vet’s premises, I know which is likely to be easier although I would recommend neither. Anyway, an experienced user put out 12 to 15 lines each an inch or less (there were three of us) and suggested we try a couple, wait, try another until not capable of snorting anymore. At that stage we would have had sufficient. I remember him saying, I’ll roll a joint for later as we probably won’t be able to later (some hours later the part-made joint was still on the table!)
    Not like any drug I’d had before, it definitely seems to separate ones mind from ones body, pretty much rabbits down holes, should have been frightened but I seemed to accept it all. I remember leaning against a loudspeaker (was in my lounge); removing my head and placing it next to me so I could keep an eye on the other two people! Seemed not strange at the time. I was also thinking, why have you two done this to me? And why are you laughing so much. Having easily come to terms with the fact that I’d stay the way I was feeling for the rest of my life, I floated off and think I enjoyed it all. Some hours later we all went to the pub for a drink, I felt quite euphoric. Had it 2 or 3 times since then, over a period of 18 months. Not the most sociable drug but interesting. I’m much more into phet and E (talking of which, there has been none about for about 16 weeks – just after the heart shaped pink ones – the best for 10 years). Was that too long a ramble?
    Steve.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The same grade is used for both animals and humans, and I really hope you aren't suggesting that people break and enter to steal ketamine from a surgery...
  • Options
    There are no grades of ketamine, its a single compound, you get it, or you dont.
  • Options
    No, I would suggest people do NOT steal from anywhere, which would make the places we live somewhat better. I was wondering why K is so often derogatorily called "horse tranquilizer" when it is (maybe rarely) used for humans as an anesthetic. However, I do wonder how it becomes available on the (black) market. Steve.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It is called a horse tranquiliser because for a period of time that was primarily what is was used for. As for how it gets around, I assume it is the usual story, shipments go missing etc - the black market is quite lucrative and that is enough of a motivation for some people I suppose.
  • Options
    The whole horse thing is just slang, granted it has a grain of truth, but ketamine is widely used in a lot of different animals, its a very good anesthetic, its just a shame it makes people trip out other wise it would be used more in humans.

As for black market supply, some certainly does come from legal supply here but most seems to be brought in from other countries, India for one.
  • Options
    Morpheine makes people trip out and is widely used as a strong pain killer in hospitals and not just for old people.

Also this has been used recreatioanlly alot more than ket.

It makes some people trip out certainly, though its less common than with ketamine. And of course there are alternatives to ketamine as an anesthetic, there is only limited alternatives when it comes to pain relief.
  • Options
    I've been a ketamine user for roughly 4 years.. It has been an amazing experience for me.. But recently the stuff thats been going around, hasn't been really k.. We have no clue what it is.. I have been doing this "stuff" for nearly 2 months and have gotten bad body problems.. losing feeling on the right side of my body.. so i'm laying off this stuff..

Ive gotten to the point. where i can snort a vial or 2 and not k-hole..so its not really worth it for me anymore..
  • Options
    01s0uljah wrote: »
    I've been a ketamine user for roughly 4 years.. It has been an amazing experience for me.. But recently the stuff thats been going around, hasn't been really k.. We have no clue what it is.. I have been doing this "stuff" for nearly 2 months and have gotten bad body problems.. losing feeling on the right side of my body.. so i'm laying off this stuff..

Ive gotten to the point. where i can snort a vial or 2 and not k-hole..so its not really worth it for me anymore..

This thread is from 2005!

But nevertheless what you are describing doesn't sound good! I know Ket can cause Olnys Lesions on the brain which defo isn't good in the long run! The brain can get damaged even if you redose once... something to think about!
  • Options
    DVDSteve wrote: »
    No, I would suggest people do NOT steal from anywhere, which would make the places we live somewhat better. I was wondering why K is so often derogatorily called "horse tranquilizer" when it is (maybe rarely) used for humans as an anesthetic. However, I do wonder how it becomes available on the (black) market. Steve.

It's used quite a lot in humans who come into surgery unable to communicate as it's safe for both Heroin or Paracetamol overdoses etc. It doesn't interact with other drugs easily.