Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Kinda Chair You Got When Your PC?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a normal kinda gas lift office chair (without the arms) but think it's time to replace it as the padding don't seem as supportive as it used to be ..

I am thinking about getting something like this as it looks very ergonomic but it don't seem to have any wheels which would be a problem.

Any idea who sell chairs like this you can actually see and try out?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_9/602-5024101-1502200?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000H43U9W

4126916B87L._SS384_.jpg

41VPHPAH11L._SS384_.jpg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've seen similar ones in Ikea
    Frankly thats a shite idea for using a computer, you need one which goes up and down, that you can make the back rest come in and out, and make the back rest go up and down too.
    wouldnt recommend one of those...they are lower than they look and you sink back in them

i got one from asda a while ago, and only sit in it to watch telly or read...its too relaxing for sitting at a comp x
    I'm with the rest that it wouldn't be the greatest computer chair. I've sat in several, and they are great when you just need to drunknly colpase into a heap, but they're not comfortable to sit up properly in, especially at a computer. (Especially since its a target chair ;) Nice store, but I'm sure even Ikea has nicer furnature :p)

Now if you want egronomic... http://homedecorators.com/images/items/large/l32369.jpg We always used to joke thats what we were going to get for the data entry people at an old job
    my_name wrote: »
    I'm with the rest that it wouldn't be the greatest computer chair. I've sat in several, and they are great when you just need to drunknly colpase into a heap, but they're not comfortable to sit up properly in, especially at a computer. (Especially since its a target chair ;) Nice store, but I'm sure even Ikea has nicer furnature :p)

Now if you want egronomic... http://homedecorators.com/images/items/large/l32369.jpg We always used to joke thats what we were going to get for the data entry people at an old job

Aint that one of those kneeling chairs?

I tried one at Staples wasn't too keen on kneeling.

BTW I was assuming the egg chair was hieght adjustable by spinning it
    my_name wrote: »

Im sitting on one of those chairs now in the back office, Fucking lovely to sit on imo and doesn't strain your back. would love one for hom.
    I've got a normal office chair (adjustable height) with arms, but you can't adjust the back so I've got a terrible posture when I'm sat in it.
    Hoping to get an ergonomic chair when I get DSA.
    I've got a wicker chair from Ikea. I like it, as I like to curl up in it when I'm on the computer for a long time. I know I'm not doing my back any favours, but I find it really uncomfortable to sit in an ergonomic position for any length of time :p
    Stool and a Mac :-D
    We've got the IKEA allack high-backed leather chair. ooo-yeah.
    Yeah, that looks like a fucking terrible chair for computer use. Seriously, it'll screw your back.

Anyway, I want this chair.
    Standard office chair. Don't really use it though, since I usually use my laptop on my knee.
This discussion has been closed.