Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lump on testicle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm really worried, I have a lump on the top of my right testicle, had it a while and as soon as I discovered it late last year I immediately went to a doctor who referred me to urologist.

The urologist said that my testicle was swollen but had no immediate problems and arranged an ultrasound scan for peace of mind. I went to the ultrasound and no cancer was found but recently the lump has gotten bigger and I'm feeling some discomfort and dull aches.. could the ultrasound have missed the cancer??

I'm going back to the doctor but I'd like to know if anyone out there knows how accurate ultrasounds are? Can cancer be missed if it starts out as a small lump? I'm really quite nervous about this as if it IS cancer it would have been missed for all this time and could have spread.. has anyone else had anything similar?

Sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Options
    Would also like to add that the discomfort and aching comes and goes, whenever I search for information on google testicular cancer is always the first thing that comes up :(
  • Options
    phone the doc first thing in the morning. I have no idea whether it's something to worry about or not, but get yourself seen as soon as possible so that you know. I suspect the ultrasound would have picked up on the lump being dangerous at the time (though I have no medical education), as it's grown, you'd be sensible to check again.
  • Options
    Dude, get it checked asap. It may well be nothing more than a slight testicular tortion - but that can be extremely nasty if left unchecked.

I know you are nervous which is why you are hoping for some glimmer of hope from us non-doctors but you gotta go and see your doc.
  • Options
    hiya there, i'm currently making an appointment for ultrasound

since it's only under a thick bt of skin with no reall tissue in the way, ultrasound on the testicles is pretty accurate, i had it done in 2004 - it's quite fun to look at too

last time all i had was a clump of veins which felt solid, and obviously made me sore after feeling for it

just be optimistic but prepared, and even if it is a malignant lump, you might have caught it early, and it's very treatable these days :) the drugs are very very good

all the best of luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Get it checked out asap...then you can stop worrying. :thumb:
  • Options
    I had a similar sort of thing a few years ago and was shocked to find out that I had a hernia which had fallen a bit far down :eek2: