Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

website links in photoshop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been trawling through tutorials for hours so wondering if you guys can help.
i'm designing a website (template) using photoshop (am a total beginner btw) so i want to know how do i make website links in photoshop? or do i have to export the design to another programme? so click on link sends you to another website... how do i make one?

i do hope that that make sense... :)

Comments

• Options
    I understand what your on about,

I don't think you can Hyperlink in photoshop but once you have your design you slice it and everything and then Save for web and use a program i.e Dreamweaver or Frontpage to add your Links and text =]
  • Options
    Yeah or if your whole web page is a picture (jpeg etc.) then Dreamweaver has a nice little function whereby you can basically draw a box around whatever you want to link and anywhere in that box acts as a link.
  • Options
    If you know HTML, the coding will look something like this. The co-ords draw the rectangular areas which will be turned into links. In my example, the links are GIF files, a project that I did a few years back. It also gives you a rough idea of the area where I live :-) The Newcastle is Newcastle-Under-Lyme, not the other one :-D
    <map name=Mast>

<area shape=RECT coords=114,46,221,115 href="Moorland.gif">
    <area shape=RECT coords=40,98,91,140 href="Newcastle.gif">
    <area shape=RECT coords=39,171,159,234 href="Stafford.gif">
    <area shape=RECT coords=167,197,282,237 href="East.gif">
    <area shape=RECT coords=62,276,136,323 href="South.gif">
    <area shape=RECT coords=139,261,162,313 href="Cannock.gif">
    <area shape=RECT coords=176,278,260,348 href="Lichfield.gif">

</map>

• Options
    yea you can map it in DW but you're better off slicing the template then setting the sliced images as table backgrounds.. that way you can essentially work on top of the images and easily add in text links

theres a few tutorials about telling you how to do it from start to finish .. can be a tad confusing but its handy enough when you get your head around it! :thumb:
  • Options
    I never that you could draw boxes hmm..
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    yea you can map it in DW but you're better off slicing the template then setting the sliced images as table backgrounds.. that way you can essentially work on top of the images and easily add in text links

theres a few tutorials about telling you how to do it from start to finish .. can be a tad confusing but its handy enough when you get your head around it! :thumb:

Yup, thats the way i do it , bascially you have your design and you just stick data on top of it. dreamweaver is good for web design :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks... i shall try that.. tomorrow now :thumb: