Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So, hangover free alcohol

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always find if I drink a pint of OJ before going to bed, I'm hangover free the next morning. Unless I'm shitfaced and cant manage to pour myself a drink of OJ, then I have to suffer the dreaded hangover. :D

:thumb:
    If you are moving from something like Stella to Magners of course you are going to get less of a hangover, Magners is about 20% less alcoholic.
    Calvin wrote: »
    I always find if I drink a pint of OJ before going to bed, I'm hangover free the next morning. Unless I'm shitfaced and cant manage to pour myself a drink of OJ, then I have to suffer the dreaded hangover. :D

:thumb:

:yes: Good old OJ.

If you can remember to, it's always best to bring another pint to bed and leave it on the side, because I ALWAYS wake up half way through my sleep with a fucking dry mouth and have to mish to the kitchen.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    If you can remember to, it's always best to bring another pint to bed and leave it on the side, because I ALWAYS wake up half way through my sleep with a fucking dry mouth and have to mish to the kitchen.

too right.. it always seems you're wide awake after having to get up and go get water too .. regardless of whether or not its 6am :grump:
    In Ireland, its Magners in the North and Bulmers in the Republic and as far as I'm concerned theyre the same drink.
    But I was told by a friend (don't know how relaible he is though) that due to some strange licensing thing and historical stuff, the versions we get over here are slightly different over here...

Have a look on Wiki

"Bulmers Original Irish Cider is a cider produced in Ireland. To prevent confusion with the original English cider of the same name it is sold outside of the Republic of Ireland as Magners."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulmers
    and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulmers_(Republic_of_Ireland)

Its all a bit strange if you ask me! :chin:

This is a issue which confuses a lot of people but "Bulmers" is NOT the same as Magners.

In Ireland Magners is called Bulmers, elsewhere its referred to as Magners due to licensing issues. That is because there was already a drink called Bulmers which is why it cannot be called Bulmers, and that drink is brewed in Hereford, England, UK (I live there ;)) rather than Ireland.

So when you are ordering Bulmers outside of Ireland you're ordering the drink from Hereford (Bulmers also brews strongbow, woodpecker etc), when you order Magners you're ordering the Irish Bulmers, the only place the Irish Magners is referred to as Bulmers is in Ireland.

It's amazing how many people get confused by this, Magners should just call themselves Magners everywhere, would be a lot easier!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magners
    Bulmers Original Vintage Cider is a brand of cider produced in Ireland. To prevent confusion with the English cider of the same name, it is sold outside of the Republic of Ireland as Magners Original Irish Cider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulmers
    Bulmers Cider was founded in 1887 in Hereford, England by Percy Bulmer...

So they are not the same thing, ones Irish and ones English.
    Bulmers > Magners
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Bulmers > Magners

:mad:

I've found a new drink actually, 'Strongbow Jaques' It's a fruit cider, tastes LOVELY but it gets me truely fucked. especially when you make a snakebite with it.

(I'm still feeling the effects :()