Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Disney to remove smoking from family films

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Namaste wrote: »
    Why? In case you blow racist smoke rings? :p

I dont know how they would work, but I love the idea.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I dont know how they would work, but I love the idea.
    Oh don't worry... Somebody will find a way to make smoke rings offensive to some minority group when it suits their agenda. They'll probably belong to the RESPECT party or something.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Namaste wrote: »
    Oh don't worry... Somebody will find a way to make smoke rings offensive to some minority group when it suits their agenda. They'll probably belong to the RESPECT party or something.

:lol: RESPECT make me laugh, but its sad people actually follow those nutters. They are the kindof people who would come out with a policy like this.

Blowing a smoke Swastika... hmm... not really possible. Maybe the Celtic Cross, although no-one would fine that offensive, despite it being used alot by racist organisations, often as much as the Swastika is used.

I think racist smoke symbols won't work. I am still liking this idea, it amuses me.

Maybe a machine could be made to do it!
  • Options
    I think the positive imagery of fast food, smoking, alcohol, drugs, etc. etc. shouldn't be exposed to kids. Like in adverts. In a film though I don't see whats wrong with the presence of it being there, afterall they're all part of life, just undesirable.

So whilst they probably wont edit out the bad guys smoking in the old films, the new films like Herbie etc. (whoever made that) are all very 'clean' without any sexual innuendos, cigarrettes or alcohol. I can't remember the last time I saw a (recent) childrens film with any of them actually.
  • Options
    because its politically correct not to smoke

Bollocks. It's not "politically correct", it's sensible.