Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone else pooing it?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
With A-Level results day in 3 weeks i'm absolutely pooing myself!
I'm thinking ooohhh I think i'll be ok, but then I think omgomg i'm being over confident I must have ballsed up! Dammit...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I already know i've failed english. The only one im confident about it sociology, all the others are a bit....hhm. I won't be worried until the day though, I can always re-sit so i'm not too fussed.
    Yeahh true, just that i'm hoping to go to uni in sept soooo bad and I have no back up plan if I don't, grrr.
    How many points do you need?

As long as I don't get a D in anything I'll be chuffed and hopefully 280 points, although i only need 220 to get into uni.

I'm a little nervous yeah, I just want the day to come and be over and done with. I hate waiting.
    I cant even stand in a queue in a shop without getting fustrated!
    Hmm well the course i've decided I want to do now and probably wont get the marks for the other anyway so, I need 240 points, but as I screwed up abit last year I think i'm gonna get a D in one subject. But gota E at AS in good old general studies so that like makes the equivialnt of a C if you get me.
    Got a really high B almost an A in English last year, and a B in my coursework this year, so thinking unles I messed up lots I hopefully wont get less than a C?
    Same goes for my other subject,
    And I need like equivilant of 3 C's so...arghhh. Worry Worry.
    Bless, you may have done better than you think. Yeah General Studies suck, I'll probably come out with an E in that.

As for the rest I'm hoping for two B's and I'm just worried about the Travel & Tourism because my coursework wasn't too good and i really don't want a D. It's all down to my last exam, I think i needed half marks to get a C which should have been easy to get considering the exam so fingers crossed for the both of us!
    I think i've done Ok but then think arrrgh better to try and think ive not done too good!
    Im hoping for 2 Bs alongside the stupid D in IT, but no idea how I did in my Health and Social Coursework, think I atleast got 2 Cs if not Bs but my teachers an arse and didn't even know herself...so then ill be well away and can do my higher course if I want, but I dont think I want to anyway,

About that, my first choice is English, and my backup is Communication, but I think I want to do Communication anyway so even if I get enough for Eng can I ring and say arrrgh I dont wana do it? Both courses are at the same uni..
    Gucci2 wrote: »

About that, my first choice is English, and my backup is Communication, but I think I want to do Communication anyway so even if I get enough for Eng can I ring and say arrrgh I dont wana do it? Both courses are at the same uni..

You should be able to yeah. A friend of mine was going to do Law and Business but then later changed his mind and wanted to do just Law. He went in to talk about it was told to write them a letter (to a woman at uni) asking it to be changed and now it's all be changed on UCAS and he had confirmation through the post.
    If you're definite you want to swap then maybe give the uni you want to go to a ring and they should be able to help you out. It's better to get it sorted out sooner rather than later.
    Yeah thats what I thought,
    Think i'm gonna wait til I get my results and see if I even have that issue anyway as I might not have got enough to do English anyway, but i'll ring them that day if not and sort it out, need to have a long hard think, just the Communication course looks so much more interesting than English Lang n there seems to be more carreer options at the end of it, and the prospect of Englosh for another 3 years kinda kills me lol
    Im kinda worried.
    I'm soooo worried about my GCSE results, keep wishing i'd studied more though i know i can't go back now
    REALLY don't want to open it, just wish i never had to know
    so worried i don't get into college & do the subject i want, especially as i think i messed up my english exams & i wanted to do english and law a-level, both you need a B or above in english
    :'(
    playdead wrote: »
    I'm soooo worried about my GCSE results, keep wishing i'd studied more though i know i can't go back now
    REALLY don't want to open it, just wish i never had to know
    so worried i don't get into college & do the subject i want, especially as i think i messed up my english exams & i wanted to do english and law a-level, both you need a B or above in english
    :'(

Dont want to give you false hope or owt but I think GCSE's are made out to be so much harder than they are! I was only expecting C's, maybe a couple of B's and got A* As n Bs lol! So don't worry you've probably done loads better than you expected!

Know how you feel though I actually don't think I can open my results!!
    Gucci2 wrote: »
    Dont want to give you false hope or owt but I think GCSE's are made out to be so much harder than they are! I was only expecting C's, maybe a couple of B's and got A* As n Bs lol! So don't worry you've probably done loads better than you expected!

Know how you feel though I actually don't think I can open my results!!

I agree. I had a pretty shit attitude at school and my mum forced me to revise which resulted in me hardly doing any at all so I was brickin it when it came to the day cos I thought I'd have done crap but i managed to get B's and C's. It's nothing to worry about.
    I was meant to have my results over a week ago and have still not got them. :(
    Sofie wrote: »
    I was meant to have my results over a week ago and have still not got them. :(

What's happened?
    No idea. I sent a text to my tutor because I wasn't too sure when and where we'd get our results from and she said that I should have them posted to me.