Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Tour De France

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I think its a fucking shame that professional cycling is now riddiled with performance enhancing drugs...if it keeps going the way it is i doubht the tour de france and other big cycling events will continue...who is going to sponser an event that is so contreversal for the wrong reasons!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tbh, it's not the first time there's been drugs in the Tour De France. I don't see the point really, if you're cheating to win then you're gonna get caught. Plain and simple.
    Most cyclists aren't on the drugs, but it's the one sport where it's tempting, as the benefits are so big.

I'm not surprised that Bjarne Riis admitted to taking drugs, watching him climb to Sestrieres in 1997 was a bit too good.
    ah it just pisses me off because if you look back years ago to hwne the tour started...the conditions where so much hared and there was no such thing as drugs...i can't see it recovering from after this year after these cyclists have been caught...its just a pity..
    Drugs have always been there, it's nothing new. The bloke who died on Mont Ventoux in 1967 died because he was taking steroids.

In an endurance event like le Tour there will always be those who get some extra help from drugs.