Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Knitting

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    get your needles fromn dead old lady auctions, wool/ yarn/whatever from there too. Or, pound shop :D

I can't knit, thought I'd get my 2cents in there anyway. My old dear has loads of wool and needles form dead old lady auctions. Like, she'll buy a chair and the musty shit comes right along free with it, £2 plus auction fee...
    Seeohbahn wrote: »
    I'm a beginner and i've found it brilliant :)

:D

Now though, I see stitch n bitch nation and stitch n bitch knitters handbook. is one more beginner oriented than the other?
    my_name wrote: »
    Now though, I see stitch n bitch nation and stitch n bitch knitters handbook. is one more beginner oriented than the other?

Knitter's handbook was the first book and is probably better for a beginner. In the other one they kind of assume you know the basics, and I think they do have basic techniques in there, but it's more of a recap.
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Where can I get needles from? I desperately want to be arts and crafty

I got mine from ebay. 10 pairs for £4
    Ooooh, RG, my friends run a knitting group in London and want me to join - we should so go!
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Knitter's handbook was the first book and is probably better for a beginner. In the other one they kind of assume you know the basics, and I think they do have basic techniques in there, but it's more of a recap.
    Agreed although I had Nation first and still learned from it. I :heart: both of them
    piccolo wrote: »
    Ooooh, RG, my friends run a knitting group in London and want me to join - we should so go!
    can i come too?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Where can I get free patterns from for a nice scarf?

I have seen a few, but they look a little odd. (dont ask me why they just do :p)
    How do you switch colours? I want to do stripey but get confused :(